The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

catch can setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aproductions

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2009
Allentown, Pennsylvania
so there are some threads on oil catch can setups but I wanna find out which is the most practical way for us.

this is what I'm looking at.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/url][/IMG]

so the first one will go to the intake and then the valve cover port.

and the second one will go to the pcv valve then the intake manifold with a check valve between the intake manifold and the catch can.

both catch cans flow either way.

both cans flow either way? what do you mean by this. with a pcv in route it is limited to one way which is correct.
The setup looks good. Basically your using the intake to relieve pressure under boost and using the intake mani to relieve pressure at idle..
Im pretty sure its not to hard to do it with only one catch can but thats your decision.

btw just to clear things up.... you go air intake- catchcan- vc and the other is intake manifold- pcv valve - can - vc .... the pvc must be between the im and the catchcan or underboost your catchcan will feel alot of pressure.

and the other is intake manifold- pcv valve - can - vc .... the pvc must be between the im and the catchcan or underboost your catchcan will feel alot of pressure.

that part confused me,

I'm going so the first one will go to the intake and then the catch can and then the valve cover port.

and the second one will go the pcv valve then the catch can and then the check valve then the intake manifold

is this okay?

and before I meant that the catch cans can flow either way like they aren't directional...basically there aren't built in check valves

Here's a thread by calan that I'll be using when I get myself some catch cans. The 4G63T PCV System

thats the 1 I was referring too....there are a few ways to do it in there, I just want the most practical

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back