The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

no 1st gear or reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdejardin777

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
green bay, Wisconsin
ive read the threads of people not having 1st gear or no reverse...but no one seems to be lacking both, so here i go....

ok...so i changed out slave cylinder and bled the system, put in act 2100 clutch, plate, and flywheel. i also put a different transmission in the car. all this was done at the same time. the tranny i put it was from a car with a blown engine. so im assuming the tranny is still good bc how can you blow the engine with a bad tranny unless they started in 2nd gear and no reverse all the time.

then i started car and went to go into 1st gear and it wont go in. it also wont go into reverse...almost, but not quite. but it will go into the rest of the gears.

where should i start the problem solving at? and what are the possible issues besides the fact that im not certain the tranny was actually good bc it came off of a non-running car and couldnt actually test the tranny before buying. i just went with the guys word.

thanks ahead of time!!

If you have bled the system and the slave cylinder, and made sure you put everything back together correctly ( all bolts lined up and all of the in) then it sounds like the transmission is JUNK. Just my 2 cents.

Make sure your intake pipe isn't interfering with the selector arm ontop of the tranny. Happened to me a few times when I was running a home made type. Also, when the trans was out, did the gear shifter move freely? Disconnect the shift linkage and make sure it is not getting hung up. Just some thoughts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back