The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

When installing rear main seal, which way does the seal go in? &Metal ring hole down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95EclipseGST

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 1, 2002
Kansas City, Missouri
I read about installing rear main seal but couldnt find which way it says it goes in? when putting the main seal into the housing, should the part with the ring with the hole, be facing me when pressing it in? I later read about a thin film of black rtv, but i heated the housing up and dropped the seal in, it seems like it went in nice and tight after it cooled off. I just have to make sure i dropped it in the right way. Im guessing the metal ring with the hole goes in with the hole toward the ground? Does the rear main seal gasket need RTV or copper spray on it before install? Thank you

forgot to attach a pic.

Attachments

• c826_35.jpg
    c826_35.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 959
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back