The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Vacuum Hose Routing/Diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimcheefists

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada
Well my car idles kinda crappy and I was thinking that I had a boost leak. I checked my vacuum hoses first and found a hose coming from the intake manifold that wasn't connecting to anything. The open end of the hose had a clamp still on it so I know it goes somewhere. I don't really have a clue to where the hose connects to. At least not yet. I'm planning on removing the battery so I can get a better look behind the engine bay this weekend.

Anyway, I downloaded the service manual off of scribd.com and found a vacuum hose diagram. What does the A, E, and P stand for in the circle?

Here are pics of the vacuum hose that is disconnected and have no clue to where it goes to. After looking at the diagram, it seems to me that it goes to the by-pass valve. What does the by-pass valve do and more importantly, where is it located?

Attachments

• Vacuum Hose Routing 1.jpg
    Vacuum Hose Routing 1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 16,389
  • P3280464.jpg
    P3280464.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 9,116
  • P3280465.jpg
    P3280465.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 3,539
The bypass valve A.K.A BOV, Blow off valve. It should be right in front of your fuse box under the hood.

I read about the vacuum hose delete technical article, but I thought you needed an AVCR.

ok so now I know for SURE that the hose is supposed to connect to the BOV. I plugged the hose up and now the car idles a little better. I know that the vacuum hose is used as a reference point for the BOV but can plugging up the hose and not connecting it back to the BOV cause damage to the engine? I'd connect it back but the nipple from the BOV is broken off and stuck in vacuum hose.

What bad could come of the engine if the vacuum reference hose isn't connected to the BOV but the hose is plugged up?

Not only that, it'll be harder for the BOV to open when the throttle is shut closed. Yea I kinda figured it out a while ago. This is a pretty old thread..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back