Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > General > Newbie Forum
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Newbie Forum: Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum. Probationary Members must limit their tech posts to this forum and sub-forums.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 06:17 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 55
Classifieds Rating: 0
2G-specific

my car smells rich, really strong, what to do?

hey guys i know the answer is right in front of me. I swapped my 440's to 550's and thats when it began to smell rich, big time. it was tuned for 440's. now that i put in the 550's and im piping in the front mount... what is the quick fix? the only problem is... its my daily driver so the little time im working on it, it has to be done so that i can drive it. what do i do? i planned on putting in the aem wideband and having it tuned again. any suggestions?

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:30 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 241
Classifieds Rating: 1
ummm.... either get it tuned with 550's or go back to before....

Old 01-30-2009, 06:35 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Timeslip: 13.869 @ 95.090
Tech Posts: 4,697
Photos: 16
Classifieds Rating: 25
Put the old injectors back in until you can get it tuned again. That is the quick fix. You can put the injectors in in the parking lot of the tuning place. No point in running it pig rich.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:37 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 246
Photos: 12
Classifieds Rating: 2
As stated above, go with what your car is tuned to. Put the old injectors back in...
View photos of this member's car 

Old 01-30-2009, 06:53 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: 1967 Camaro RS 468
Tech Posts: 659
Photos: 16
Classifieds Rating: 16
Send a message via AIM to jjgrizz73
what are you using to tune?
Visit jjgrizz73's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 273
Photos: 3
Classifieds Rating: 15
Send a message via MSN to nkosi
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus7 View Post
hey guys i know the answer is right in front of me. I swapped my 440's to 550's and thats when it began to smell rich, big time. it was tuned for 440's. now that i put in the 550's and im piping in the front mount... what is the quick fix? the only problem is... its my daily driver so the little time im working on it, it has to be done so that i can drive it. what do i do? i planned on putting in the aem wideband and having it tuned again. any suggestions?
I see u have S-AFC u should the correction for the 550cc injectors in the s-afc at around -10% to start and work from there ...but u need some sort of feed back equipment like a datalogger or wideband to see what your trims are at and use those to tune the car ...

Last edited by nkosi; 01-31-2009 at 07:00 PM.
View photos of this member's car 

Old 01-31-2009, 06:38 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 55
Classifieds Rating: 0
thanks guys, and jjgrizz73... your car pops right out at you i looked up your pics and damn man sweet ride!