The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

laws in tampa fl

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EC17PSE

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
right i need a little bit of help ive looked google and dsmtuners but cant find! need to know the laws on what you can and cant do to your car in tampa as im hoping to move there in a year or so maybe even sooner from england and what to know so i dont get in trouble LOL can anyone help? much thanks

cool thanks. erm just about tints exhaust laws noise can you even change them? basically i need to know what you know what i shouldnt do? and avoid!!!!! any pointers? can i do anything to the car then with out getting told off?

Yes there are laws against changing the exhaust on your car, you have to have a catalytic converter, but there are no emissions testings in FL. I have an aftermarket exhaust and I have a cop who lives next door and she says the sound of my exhaust is fine.

oh ok is there a db limit? well i normaly change my cat after my testing and then keep swapping it all the time but im sure i can manage to live with a cat everyday LOL:notgood:
are there any no no's that i shouldnt do or is anything fine and im not at any limit?

ive had a read of that already but wanted to find out first hand! whats the laws on tints?

the man with all the answers LOL ive looked everywhere for things like this but ohwell thanks to you. im not governed by ride height and shit like that am i?

nope u should be good the only thing you would have to worry about is driveways speed bumps ect. As far as the tint goes i live in naples were they are very strict on the laws and i had a caddy with 2 layers of 5% tint on top of the 20% factory as long as you roll the window down when they pull you over you should be fine. As far as the cat put it on to get it into the country after that take it back off you might want to keep it but its only a ticket to get it fixed and maybe a fine. And if you got subs dont do like i do drive down a rich area with alot of resturants bumping and you should be fine. NOTE that i said SHOULD BE FINE this is just my past experiances. There is always that one d*ck cop out there though.

LOL ok then thanks to you both and i liked the rich bit LOL made me laugh just thinking what that would have looked like LOL. well thats fine ill just get it re regustered again and thats all ill need to do i guess cheers guys

ya they pissed me off so i took the 2 12s out and put my 15 in so they can hear me from twice as far away now and not be able to tell its my car when im close to them

Memphis, all of them got the old school m3 mojo 15 and 2 12s not sure what ones but they are almost 3 apeice new got 2 in a ported box for 100, right now my car is broke down so when i get to drive my brothers truck i get to listen to my entire extra system LOL. BTW nice name bens are going to take over the world

There are laws, but none that cant be broken. As far as performance modding your car you can basically do what you want to it, the worst you might get is a ticket, and thats only if you get some prick cop behind you who has nothing to do and notices your car is loud and looks fast.

Tampa here too, not many laws im aware of LOL. There not too strict out here either. look us all up when your here.

oh dont worry i will as im sure im going to need help with all the parts i want and i dont think i can get it done on my own LOL thanks for all your help.:thumb:

nope u should be good the only thing you would have to worry about is driveways speed bumps ect. As far as the tint goes i live in naples were they are very strict on the laws and i had a caddy with 2 layers of 5% tint on top of the 20% factory as long as you roll the window down when they pull you over you should be fine. As far as the cat put it on to get it into the country after that take it back off you might want to keep it but its only a ticket to get it fixed and maybe a fine. And if you got subs dont do like i do drive down a rich area with alot of resturants bumping and you should be fine. NOTE that i said SHOULD BE FINE this is just my past experiances. There is always that one d*ck cop out there though.

Dude I grew up in Ft myers and every place in naples is rich.

I have illegal exhaust (no cat), illegal emissions (no charcoal canister, vented fuel tank), illegal window tint (20%), illegal sound level on exhaust and the only thing that I've got a ticket for in the last 10 years that I've been in Florida is loud music (one ticket 2 months ago) and illegal tint in downtown Orlando years ago at 2am.

In Florida... do what you want to your car, they aren't that strict. :)

If i can get my car running by then i might shoot up there. But thats a very big IF. After i get my car running i got to go up to orlando to get it tuned but that might have to wait for a rebuilt tranny.

oh and to PIMking its not all rich just most of it and it was going down 5th ave and a ferrari passed by as i got the ticket LOL

For all the Tampa guys here, I'm trying to organize a DSM meet at International Mall in the upcoming weeks on a Sunday. Anyone down?

i been trying to get us dsm peeps together for a while now,let me know if you guys wanna do a meet

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back