The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

[RESOLVED] Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grnchevyz

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2006
Cornwall, Ontario_Canada
Wasn't too sure where to post this request so here it is. I have the FSM both chassis and electrical for the 98 Eclipse GSX...however I'm missing the electrical diagrams for the ignition switch to the rest of the car. I have 12v constant on IGN2 and would like to see where the wires run to prior to begin ripping everything apart and tracing wires. I have a feeling that the previous owner did this but I haven't really noticed it until I fixed a few wires in the driver firewall and noticed the windshiled wipers and radio stays on all the time :p

Would me mighty appreciated to get this diagram. IF need be I can post the diagram I have but you will notice it is missing the info I am needing.

- Lou

Yeah so Mitsu says they cant go back that far on paper and online causes "privacy act" breeches so yeah...I'll keep trying, but im definitely missing that diagram in my FSM...I bought it on Ebay so its a copy of a copy etc etc etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, Mitsu also says that for $80/hr they can fix it for me though...retards :p

Do you have this CD manual:
Manual CD's : The ultimate DSM and 3/S Reference Solution!
It has the schematic for the ignition switch pin-outs and from there it takes several pages to describe all the circuits involved. I started to put together all the information you requested but it got too big. I found this e-manual to be absolutely invaluable. Sometimes the diagrams get garbled but they're decipherable.

Yeah, that's the same cd I have but am missing the pinouts you speak of...what page is it on yours? Maybe I'm just overlooking in in frustration :p

Here is the pin-out diagram of the switch:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Page 54-12
Go to the alphabetical index at the back of the electrical manual under "ignition". The pages are listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back