The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Windows won't roll up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSorn

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 11, 2007
Williston, North_Dakota
Hi, I have a 1993 Talon Tsi with some problems.

When my friend was jumping my car, he got the cables switched around on the other battery, not the one in my talon, the other car, and tried to start it. there was a loud clicking sound coming from the passenger rear of the car, and so he finaly relised what was wrong, so I changed them around, and he cranked it over, and it would run for about 3-5 mins, then die, so I bought a new battery, and now the windows won't roll up, and then interior lights wont turn on unelss the car is running(even with the key of they don't turn on) But my main question is about the windows, niether of them will roll up (and no Defiant, the window lock is not on LOL). my friend said there was a fuse, but I can't find one and I lost my chiltons manual. any help is greatly needed, I really need to roll my windows up.

thanks alot!
Adam

I forgot to add, that I just took it for a test drive, and it runs fine, just cold, LOL.

thankd for the link, but if my ecu was fried, wouldn't that mess up everything else?

okay, I replaced every bad fuse in the car, still didn't work, so I pulled my ecu, I have 2 spares, so could I just swap them in? what numbers need to match up for it to work?

ecu #1- MD312468
E2T38387
and on the side, 2468

ecu #2- MD166262
E2t36578
and on the side, 6262

ecu #3(the one that was in the car)
MD193299
E2T60878
and on the side 3299

when I pulled the ecu, I took the cover off, and i didn't smell bad at all(like Fish).

any other suggestions? Thanks.

But my main question is about the windows, niether of them will roll up (and no Defiant, the window lock is not on LOL).

I've tried it, don't worry. I went though about 4-5 other treads, that said the same thing.

i think this happend in my buddies neon before. he said he jumped it wrong and we went for a drive and when we would roll the windows up and down, we would here popping and cracking. so we pulled the door panels and found out that the wires to the window motors were melted gone. i dont know if that your problem but maybe that reverse charge fried your motors. i dont know, it could have just taken out the weekest link withc could have been your window motors. maybe if you pull the panels and check the motors put a charge to them and see if they do anything

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back