The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

p0100 help, already searched

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpphilli37

Probationary Member
Dec 1, 2005
Lafayette, Indiana
my car gives a CEL p0100 and p0420.
it is running EXTREMELY rich and sometimes stalls when idling.
i have checked the MAF and it is good.
i also tested the injectors and did a compression test on the engine and they check out.
O2 sensor is good also.
what else could i check?
i am getting about 5mpg!:confused:

my car is a 99 gsx with injen intake:dsm:

did you get the code pulled ? 5 mpg sucks, it might be cheaper to order a Logger than to drive to the local autoparts store and get it pulled :p GoodLuck.

EclipseTrbo420A said:
did you get the code pulled ? 5 mpg sucks, it might be cheaper to order a Logger than to drive to the local autoparts store and get it pulled :p GoodLuck.

i had the code pulled at autozone

P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction

and

P0420cataylist efficiency sensor below threshold for bank 1

Is your MAF harness plugged in all the way? I know this sounds stupid, but I have done it before myself. Made me feel pretty dumb once I figured out what it was.

4G63Boosted said:
Is your MAF harness plugged in all the way? I know this sounds stupid, but I have done it before myself. Made me feel pretty dumb once I figured out what it was.

yes it was plugged in. i even switched it out with my friends. the thing is that there is no difference while the car is running whether the MAF is plugged in or not. could the problem be in the wiring?

how long has it been doing this?? Did you use VFAQ to wire your AFC?? Just found out that VFAQ is wrong, and P0100 code clears for good when your AFC is wired correctly. A buddy of mine had the same problem. Let me know i can send you the correct wiring diagram.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back