Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > General > Newbie Forum
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Newbie Forum: Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum. Probationary Members must limit their tech posts to this forum and sub-forums.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2005, 07:02 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 19
Photos: 1
Send a message via AIM to 2low2drive
photo

help bypass Nuetral Safety Switch-pics

I have the pic of where some one showed how to bypass the nutral safety switch but i think it is of a turbo car.

Here is a pic of the plug i have that looks closest to the one above.

Can some one tell me what wires need to be soldered together.

Oh forgot to mention i need to know this for the 5 speed tranny spaw

thanks
Shusta

View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:07 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 917
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to 92redman
Have you tried to start it with it unplugged? On 1g, I just unplugged the connector and I don't need to push in the pedal.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:16 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 315
Send a message via AIM to bojanglesracing
just unplug the switch at the pedal that should do it it work on mine

Old 11-03-2005, 07:22 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 257
Classifieds Rating: 1
Send a message via AIM to ndilo21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojanglesracing
just unplug the switch at the pedal that should do it it work on mine
He's trying to disable the nuetral safety switch on an automatic for a manual transmission swap. Your talking about the clutch switch, so you can start you car without pushing the clutch down.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:32 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 917
Send a message via Yahoo to 92redman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndilo21
He's trying to disable the nuetral safety switch on an automatic for a manual transmission swap. Your talking about the clutch switch, so you can start you car without pushing the clutch down.
Boy, I feel like a jackass. I was thinking he ment the clutch saftey too, I guess we'll have to look at the pics next time...

Old 11-03-2005, 07:42 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 2,329
Photos: 3
Classifieds Rating: 4
If no one gives you an answer by tommarow night, Ill check my derby talon to see how that ones wired.
Visit HighPsi92GST's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 11-03-2005, 08:59 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Tech Posts: 6,121
From the '99 Mitsu Eclipse NT A/T diagrams: Connect the black/yellow wire on pin 5 to ground. Try hard to connect to a real ground. If you absolutely can't find one (absolutely last resort and not recommended), connect it to the gray/blue wire on pin 3 (this goes to ground inside the EATX-ECM for the two A/T speed sensors ground which is not the best choice due to: the higher starter relay current through the extra wire traveled and because it's through a separate unit instead of directly to ground).

Old 11-04-2005, 05:10 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Probationary Member

photo

Thanks for all the replys

So just ground pin 5 and im good to go?

thanks
Shusta

Old 11-04-2005, 11:53 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2low2drive
So just ground pin 5 and im good to go?
Yep (if you're going to keep using the A/T wiring harness on the starter relay).

Old 11-05-2005, 11:42 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Probationary Member

ok so i went and looked at the plug and there is no yellow black wire or grey wire.

Here is thow the plug wires are arranged if your looking at it from the front.

blue/white|green/black|yellow with brown dots|yellow white|yellow|
Red|blue

Old 11-05-2005, 01:36 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

I don't see any plug like that in my diagrams. If you have the A/T NT harness, you can instead just ground the black/yellow wire (pin 1) of the plug on the starter relay. Don't cut it as it goes to other things that need the ground. Just splice into it and connect to ground.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:29 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Probationary Member

photo

Will just grounding that wire on the starter put any stress on any other components?

ok so heres a pic of the back side of the plug if it helps anyone

Also can someone tell me if i just plug those radiator hoses since they are not needed on the manual tranny

Old 11-09-2005, 02:22 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2low2drive
Will just grounding that wire on the starter put any stress on any other components?
It will tell the PCM that you are in park or neutral assuming you have the A/T harness and the A/T PCM.

I think things are getting complicated here and I need clarity. What EXACTLY are you trying to do? Are you replacing the A/T with a M/T? If so, are you replacing the wiring harness for a M/T also? I think you may have to since the M/T ECU is different than the A/T PCM. Also the starter relay for a M/T is wired differently than the one for an A/T even though they are the same relay. Are you also trying to add a turbo? PM me with these answers and tell me everything you're trying to do from what to what.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:54 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Just to straighten everything out. In order to bypass the nuetral safety swith on a 420a engine when doing the auto to manual swap, you must ground the small black/yellow wire that comes off the starter relay behind the radio dins.

That plug that i have in an earlier post was actually to send spark to the spark plugs(wow do i feel dumb).

So i now have everything buttoned up and am now adjusting the shift linkages. 5 speeds are so much more fun than autos!

Old 11-13-2005, 08:03 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 537
Classifieds Rating: 5
Send a message via AIM to kraka
btw: Why do you want to disconnect it? What is the purpose of starting the car w/out the clutch?
If it's in gear you will just fly forward...
If it is in neutral then you don't need the clutch to start it anyway? At least in my last 1g it was like that?

Explain