Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > General > Newbie Forum
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Newbie Forum: Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum. Probationary Members must limit their tech posts to this forum and sub-forums.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 05:44 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 53
Classifieds Rating: 0

turn signal won't shut off

Anyone have experience with the turn signal staying on? It's stuck blinking on the driver's side. I shut the car off and turned it back on, no luck. I can move the turn signal switch up and down and it makes no difference, it just keeps blinking. It's a 2G Eclipse.

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:42 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 4
Send a message via AIM to mitsuchev
Now maybe i am way off here, but i had a similair problem on my '63 chevy II. the turn signal switch inside the steering column had messed up.
there are little metal bands in the switch that when the turn signal lever moves, pushes the metal bands into each other, thus completing a curciut.

what I had to do was pull everyhting off, and bend one of the metal bands into the correct position, i had no problems after that.

now granted, this is a 42 year old american car, but i hope it helps.

Matt

Old 10-01-2005, 03:35 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 25
Send a message via AIM to T5Kthrasher Send a message via MSN to T5Kthrasher Send a message via Yahoo to T5Kthrasher
I have this same problem with my 95 tsi, I have a replacement on the way from the ebay but b4 it gets here I think im going to pull mine apart and see if its fixable.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:36 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Tech Posts: 6,111
Photos: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross41
I can move the turn signal switch up and down and it makes no difference, it just keeps blinking. It's a 2G Eclipse.
If not the turn signal switch, it's a bad "Turn Signal and Hazard Flasher Unit". See if you can try a friend's 2g unit. It's vertically mounted behind the heater temp control.
View photos of this member's car 

Old 10-03-2005, 01:09 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 31
Send a message via AIM to fuzzyturtles Send a message via Yahoo to fuzzyturtles
I had the same problem. Its the turn signal relay. Kinda like a fuse. Why they didnt put it with all the other fuses is just retarded. Its located sortah behind the radio. If you turn the car on you can hear it clicking. just be warned its a pain in the a$$ to swap out. good news is that a new realay is only like 3 bucks at your local auto parts superstore. In the meantime you can just pull the fuse... you want have any signals but at least you wont be driving around w it goin off all the time. Hope this helps and happy modding PS: dont foget abot the Reputatin points here in the newbie forums

Old 10-24-2005, 04:42 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Unverified Email Address

Tech Posts: 42
Classifieds Rating: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to taino787
Im having the same problem. only my left front and rear lights are blinking. I purchased an "electronic flasher" (EP-34) from autozone this part is the size of a 9v battery but I cannot find where the part is located in the car to swap it out.

TRIDON EP34

The part that makes the clicking sound i BELIEVE is called the "hazard and TS relay" which is located behind the radio and is the size of a cigarette box. that part costs $61.00 at mitsubishi..

CAN anyone help show me EXACTLY WHERE is the electronic flasher pictured below in the 2g Eclipse?
Visit taino787's homepage! 

Old 11-01-2005, 11:00 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 52
Im having that same turn signal problem with my DSM. Turned it on, made a left turn and now it stays on no matter what position the stalk is in. So im guessing that all i have to do replace that relay. If so, whats the best way to get to it?

Old 11-02-2005, 04:24 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,026
Classifieds Rating: 4
Reputation: napkinthief is pretty helpful and trustworthynapkinthief is pretty helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to napkinthief
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyturtles
I had the same problem. Its the turn signal relay. Kinda like a fuse. Why they didnt put it with all the other fuses is just retarded. Its located sortah behind the radio. If you turn the car on you can hear it clicking. just be warned its a pain in the a$$ to swap out. good news is that a new realay is only like 3 bucks at your local auto parts superstore. In the meantime you can just pull the fuse... you want have any signals but at least you wont be driving around w it goin off all the time. Hope this helps and happy modding PS: dont foget abot the Reputatin points here in the newbie forums
Asking for reputation points can get you in trouble.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:20 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Unverified Email Address

Tech Posts: 42
Classifieds Rating: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to taino787
I found the solution to my problem:

It was the turn signal/light switch. I opened it and found a small piece of plastic that was broke and prevented the lever from connecting inside.

I tried to do some " jarhead engineering " but the piece was in a bad spot and i did not want take the risk for it to break once I assemble it.

I purchased a new "TURN, UNIT" from Autzone for $61.30
part #(Mitsu)MR277924 or (WELLS) SW1905.

thanks for the help fellas.
Visit taino787's homepage! 

Old 11-08-2005, 01:02 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

I fixed mine too. Same thing. I went to a salvage yard and they required that I buy the whole steering column for $50.00. And out of desperation and just the need to fix this problem, I did it. But $50 aint that bad considering the awkward feeling I had not having a turn signal. Thanks for everyones help.

Oh.......If anyone wants a steering column minus the turn signal/headlight switch let me know.........I will practically give it to you.

Mc

Old 11-08-2005, 01:17 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 861
Classifieds Rating: 11
Reputation: wolf20043 is extremely helpful and trustworthywolf20043 is extremely helpful and trustworthywolf20043 is extremely helpful and trustworthy
good thing you fixed it. It would suck driving in circles always turning left. Would feel like a NASCAR race.
Mike

Old 11-08-2005, 02:00 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

true true. lol. never thought of that

Old 11-08-2005, 02:51 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 102
Send a message via Yahoo to Eclipse45150
not the exact same prob, but have you had a prob of the turn signals flashing fast like a bulbs burnt out, but when I would change it it would go normal for a day or so then fast again, I think the relay is prob going but i dunno? Any suggestions?

Old 11-08-2005, 03:48 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

I meant I did the same exact thing to fix my problem. The only thing I can think of is a relay or a short. I guess you could trace the wires and test the voltages.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:23 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Tech Posts: 25,202
Photos: 8
Classifieds Rating: 2
Odd, everyone here at The Home keeps their turn signal on all the time. Aren't we supposed to?
Visit Defiant's homepage!  View photos of this member's car