The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

10k Pot mod for random misfire? should i?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Race94

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2003
Puerto_Rico
I am getting random misfire from my 6-bolt swap, i have been reading about the 10k pot mod and want to give it a try.

Should i do this mod? i hear it's bad for the engine.

Also i don't have a check engine light on or any logger of sorts, how can i be sure the misfire is gone or how where to leave the pot at?

Are you running rich? Have you checked your plugs to see if they're in good shape? Have you done a boost leak test?

Well i plugged one of those code things on my car and it came out random misfire on all cylinders.

You can give it a try. I had poor results when I tried it on mine. There are many people out there who have had good results though. My random misfire went away when I replaced my coil pack.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back