The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Losing Power Steering Fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb95gst

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 12, 2002
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey all, I am loosing alot of power steering fluid from around the firewall area. I have not gotten too look at it real good, b/c of rain and work. My question is could this just be a line that cracked or does it sound like it is the gearbox(hoping not, b/c satan said it is 930.00$). If it is the gearbox, what other options are out there? Also if I take of my power steering belt would it be ok to drive?
Thanks, JB

I had the same issue which turned out to be a leak around the pump banjo outlet itself.
There are two rubber o-rings on the banjo-bolt that dry out and allow fluid to leak past over time.

.05 fix

Are you talking about the banjo fitting on the pump? Mine is leaking from near the firewall, I know that much, but I have not been able to jack it up yet and get a close look.
I know when it was dripping, it some of it would hit the down pipe, b/c it would burn while I drove it.
Thanks, JB

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back