The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

best tires for a awd and where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanokid69

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 7, 2003
San Jose, California
money is no obsticle i have a 90 tsi and looking for the best tires that i can buy its awd

Hmmm...best tires? Well I have Kumho ecsta Supra 712's and they work for me. However if I were in your position and money was no obstacle I would go for some BFGoodrich G-force's or some Nitto 555's. It's all about preference really.

:talon:

How about some Hoosier's? They're street legal, and grip like crazy. Although you might end up replacing them more often than you like.

toyo t1-s without hesitation, they saved my ass. to make a long story short. picture an awd talon pulling a 360 turn at 85mph...minimal tire wear from the abuse and at no point did the car lose traction to a point where it wasn't controlable...i will never buy anything but for my baby ever again.

225/45/17 Falken Azenis, they're a fairly heavy tire but they hook GREAT both straight line and they're mind blowing in the corners. At 117 bucks a tire they're pretty hard to beat, not much cheaper than the Kumho Ecsta Supras that you can pick up for about 100 even.

Anyone have any reviews on the new Bridgestone Fuzion tire? There are a couple of reviews on tirerack.com (most notably a WRX) and alot of those people had Kumho 712's beore. The way I see it, AWD is a bonus, so just get something sticky and keep the extra money in your pocket :thumb: :D

www.nittotire.com/tires_neogen.asp

Good looking tire, aggressive tread, 280 tread wear.

I have yet to have any complaints, 9 months and counting woot :cool:

Dry/Rain/Mud/Snow/Dirt.....nothing, zero complaints.

Its hard to induce drift with them I'll tell ya that. Went to Walmart (huge open parking lot) at 0100 in the morning and tried to induce a drift. Nope. Grip to much.
I finally got a drift after 4 attempts, I had to successively raise the introduction speed till 60 in second, and finally I could get the ass out a little bit.

I have a best 60' of 1.74 on these tires, so that should attest to them hooking up. That 1.74 was on a stock clutch too.

My .02

gsxtacy

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back