The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Blinking AC light and warm air

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cottoncandysky

Probationary Member
Jul 23, 2004
Brandon, Florida
Before I take my car into the mechanic Monday I was wondering if any of you have any insight as to what might be wrong with my car.
Since I got my car a few years ago the AC light that is lit green when the AC is on will blink every now and then and the AC would stop blowing cold air. I would turn it off and then on and it was back to normal.
Yesterday it started blinking and blowing warm air so I turned it off and then back on but it didnt stop. It kept blinking for around 15 minutes and blowing warm air, then the light stopped blinking but its still blowing warm air.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Check your a/c belt or it is low in 134a . Maybe it has a hole in a line or the comdenser .

Hey Cott'n

On my 96 NA this happens... When the light flashes this indicates that the Belt on the AC is slipping... You may need a new belt. My Power Steering pump on my car is jacked so when I get that Blinking light my steering gets very very hard due to the belt slipping...

I hope that helps! :thumb: :dsm:

cottoncandysky said:
Before I take my car into the mechanic Monday I was wondering if any of you have any insight as to what might be wrong with my car.
Since I got my car a few years ago the AC light that is lit green when the AC is on will blink every now and then and the AC would stop blowing cold air. I would turn it off and then on and it was back to normal.
Yesterday it started blinking and blowing warm air so I turned it off and then back on but it didnt stop. It kept blinking for around 15 minutes and blowing warm air, then the light stopped blinking but its still blowing warm air.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I do remember a few times my steering getting REALLY hard when the light blinks. Ill just tell the mechanic I think its my AC belt. Thanks again!!

Well the problem is a bit more than a belt. Something about a compressor...I dont even know. Its gonna cost around $900 to fix it all with labor though. I feel like getting rid of my car and walking everywhere. Really sucks....Anybody ever had to replace the compressor too?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back