The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Curious : Engine rebuild/tuning shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redslayer

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 5, 2012
Federalsburg, Maryland
Anyone know a good place anywhere in Maryland or Delaware (or for that matter southern Penn or NJ, northern VA) That works on 420a's?

I don't want anything too crazy, not planning on turboing the car. But I am considering having the engine rebuilt maybe upped to 2.2 (or whatever it can go up too), lightweight pistons/rods etc.

A few years ago I probably would have done it myself. But between just being tired of mechanic work, and sheer lack of time/tools to do it, I'd like to find somewhere trustworthy that backs their work to do it. I'm curious about cost.

I'd most likely pull the engine and reinstall it myself. I'd just like to squeeze a little more power out of it.

Then I'd need somewhere that can tune it, and let me know what all I need (fuel system changes etc). If anyone knows one shop that could do it all, that would be great LOL.

This would be a somewhat long term project ( I have more important things to dump money into right now ) couple of years I'd guess, so I'm not in a hurry LOL.

Thanks ahead of time!

You can try: AMS
8041 Unit 4 Queenair Dr
Gaithersburg MD 20879 USA

Installation Appointments:
301-869-7700
Fax: 301-869-8600
Or
Ptunning
9432 Center Point Ln, Manassas, VA 20110
(703) 257-1728

Good Luck with everything :thumb:

If you need an extra 420a motor i have a whole car for sale

If you need an extra 420a motor i have a whole car for sale

What all is wrong with the car? And how much are you asking?

And I think I checked with AMS a few years ago, guy I talked to at the time was a bit of a jerk and laughed at the 420a. It's all fine and dandy to prefer 4g63's over 420a's (who doesn't :p ) but to be an ass about it is another thing. But I'll check them out anyway, maybe they're attitudes have improved towards 420as LOL. I plan on eventually getting a GSX, but I have more important things to do first, and I wanna finish what I started with this car.

Sorry bout the slow ass response, I was in Cali for awhile.

If you want someone who loves the 420a check out Xtremefabrications. I have him doing all my engine work but youll have to send the engine or whole car down to him. I was in the same boat as you during my build and came across Xtremefabrications and couldn't be happier.

If you want someone who loves the 420a check out Xtremefabrications. I have him doing all my engine work but youll have to send the engine or whole car down to him. I was in the same boat as you during my build and came across Xtremefabrications and couldn't be happier.

I'll have to look them up then. Right now I'm in the process of replacing wheel bearing and brakes. And can't seem to find the right hubs for the rear of my car -.- They all have this gear thing on them, and my car doesn't LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back