The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Flywheel Exposed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like you are leaking something to. Red fluid to be exact. Atf maybe?

Edit
Just noticed the antifreeze on the cross member too.

Im not sure but it looks like dried up red rtv for the oil pan to seal. Maybe theadstarter will chime in

I believe he's talking about the red fluid that you can see inbetween the trans and tcase

Looks like you are leaking something to. Red fluid to be exact. Atf maybe?

Edit
Just noticed the antifreeze on the cross member too.

She's leaking lots of stuff. I know where its all coming from. I sold her but am helping new owner a bit. The big prob is a grinding noise at start now. Just started. Sounds worse when roms rise. Could be turbo as it didn't spool when this started. Didn't feel any shaft play though.

had a starter problem and put the new one in. Maybe it's the wrong starter. I know manual and automatics have different starters. As well as turbo/non turbo.

Auto and manual do have different starters. Make sure the correct starter plate is used in between the engine and trans and if the starter is matching.
Just to correct the thread title, Autos do not use a Flywheel, only manuals have that. What you see in the first pic is the Torque converter with the inspection plate removed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back