The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nace4g63

Probationary Member
Feb 23, 2009
pennsville, New_Jersey
I have a 97 gsx 5speed. With a 6 bolt from a gvr4. When I drive I get a vibration like the tires but if it's cold out it take awhile to start up. I know it's something expanding/relaxing but have no idea what. The front is all new except shocks/springs. I feel it more so under my seat. It drives straight and has fresh alignment. Also has no noise just vibes? Need help

Welcome to the forum!

Vibrations aren't easy to track down. You have to try different circumstances to check to see when they are present, and when they are not. For example: try putting the car in neutral and coasting; try gently applying the brakes; try hard acceleration, etc.

Our vibration in the '99 turned out to be a broken rear motor mount and missing rubber bushings in the front engine support arm, under the radiator.

Report back with some more details on when this is/is not happening, and let us know what you find.

Also when looking at the carrier bearing look at the u-joints, and the rubber bushings that hold the bearings in place. I've had the rot and let the bearing clunk. Good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back