The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Idles Fine but dies at high rev. PLEASE HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lcsousa86

Probationary Member
Apr 20, 2014
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
96 eclipse gs with a 420A. Stock with a aftermarket headers, full exhaust and cold air intake.
Idles at 2k and shuts off at high idle, after shutting off it takes about 5 minutes to turn back on or cycle the key few times.
I changed the fuel filter and checked the fuel preasure at the fuel rail. Its giving me 55psi with key turned on and when car turns on the preasure needles rapidly goes between 55-65 back and forth.
I changed spark plugs and wires.
I just recently changed the battery as well. Could it be the fuel pump not supplying the proper fuel at high demand?
Thank you

At higher rpms the vacuum activates the fuel solenoid to increase fuel. I would check you are getting vacuum there first. Which a big vacuum leak can cause high idle and no activation of the solenoid. Do a boost leak test, i know it's a non turbo, but at low psi it can help you find the leak.

I've checked and even replaced about every vacuum line there is. But it seems as if the car stops getting fuel when I rev it up pretty good. Like cuts off completely, then to turn back on I'll have to wait a good 5-10 minutes. As if there is not enough fuel pressure when higher demand needs it. But I tested the fuel psi on the fuel rail and I got good numbers? So that would eliminate the fuel pump. I changed the fuel filter, so FPR maybe????

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back