Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > General > Newbie Forum > Maintenance & Repairs
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Maintenance & Repairs: Oil choices, timing belt, setting timing, CV boot replacement, alternator servicing, fuse/relay checks, and other basic maintenance, repair and diagnosis discussions. Probationary Members can post here.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 09:02 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 133
Photos: 6
Classifieds Rating: 0

DSMlink

I have been thinking about getting the dsm link v3. How well will this improve my cars performance with a proper tune? And could it fix my cold start issue?

View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:08 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Tech Posts: 7,783
Photos: 19
Classifieds Rating: 12
Send a message via Yahoo to Bud92gsx
Dsmlink will help you get the most power out of the mods you already have..And also allows for future mods to be done, and tuned for accordingly..

Dsmlink is great to give you a tune on a stock vehicle, or a great tune on a modified vehicle..Getting the most power out of whatever mods you have or don't have..

Dsm is down yet again.Whats new

Old 08-14-2011, 09:32 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 106
Photos: 7
Classifieds Rating: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to urmomsaniceguy
I've had dsmlink for almost 2 years now. It's the best investment for my car. I say get it. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:53 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

How much does it usually cost to have someone tune it that's good with the program?

Old 08-14-2011, 02:24 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 9,199
Photos: 17
Classified Ads: 1
Classifieds Rating: 16
Send a message via Yahoo to iugrad92turbo
Most tune themselves you cant mess it up too much, varies depends on whos tuning it, link is a way to avoid someone else tuning your car, plus when something goes wrong you can see what problems you have. When i got into dsm i did 99 percent of my work all all on my own and i learned lessons, but im happyi got in there and learned to diy. Then this gets better you know yourself and what to do with forum and tonnes of helps, for me it was a no brainer. If any one else knows of amounts to tune chime in.

Ecmlink

Sd on e 85 soon
Visit iugrad92turbo's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 08-14-2011, 02:29 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Tech Posts: 5,877
Photos: 11
Classified Ads: 2
Classifieds Rating: 51
Send a message via AIM to Calan Send a message via Yahoo to Calan
After getting caught up on maintenance, ECMLink should be the very first "mod" that anyone does IMHO.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:43 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

I should have gotten that first before bought my evo, but i got it now.

Ecmlink

Sd on e 85 soon

Old 08-14-2011, 04:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 49
Classifieds Rating: 4
Dsmlink v3 is a very easy program to learn and will greatly benefit you and your vehicle. I would suggest getting it 100%

Old 08-14-2011, 08:59 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 106
Photos: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to urmomsaniceguy
ECMlink was my first mod. I then moved on to inj. Bigger turbo etc.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Banned Member

Tech Posts: 1,127
Classifieds Rating: -1
ECM Link is something that most people DIY. Sometimes you might post a log on the internet and ask for advice. It is also great for igoring some CELs and extending functionality of the stock ecu. You can control pretty much any size injector, switch to speed density and ditch your MAF, set up launch control, no lift to shift, etc.

Or you can just adjust your fuel maps and get the most power out of whatever mods your running. THere are plenty of faqs and how-tos on dsm link. The ECM Tuning website even has a few videos to get you started.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:54 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 30
Photos: 4
Im kinda new to the Dsm link I've always been a fan of aem standalone. When I bought my 1g it came with Dsm link. After playing around with it learning it Im getting to where I like it and understand it more than the aem!!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iugrad92turbo View Post
Most tune themselves you cant mess it up too much, varies depends on whos tuning it, link is a way to avoid someone else tuning your car, plus when something goes wrong you can see what problems you have. When i got into dsm i did 99 percent of my work all all on my own and i learned lessons, but im happyi got in there and learned to diy. Then this gets better you know yourself and what to do with forum and tonnes of helps, for me it was a no brainer. If any one else knows of amounts to tune chime in.
so even though i know absolutely nothing on how to tune a car, i could still tune it myself with the program?

Old 08-18-2011, 05:05 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 25
Photos: 12
you would definitely need to go to their site and watch all the tutorials, read all the guides, and be gentle until you KNOW what you are doing. Things like when to and how to pull timing and and fuel maps are confusing. You could get it and improve things as you learn how to. Don't get ahead of yourself or you could mess up something. They have a forum guide set up like this where people post questions and answers so there is a lot of information at your disposal. Once you understand it, it becomes easier and is (highly) recommended for our cars.
Link will guide you a long well but it does not give you all the answers; it is very cool.
I would of also liked it to be my first mod

*I didn't know how to tune a car but once I had it, read all the stuff, and talked to people it becomes more understandable. You have to learn

Last edited by J'sDSM; 08-18-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Made a Cliff Notes version

Old 08-18-2011, 05:16 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

Yes i read the forums, and the demos, and i have understanding of how things work, im still learning car is in rebuild mode, so i havnet done too much with it, but i got the car running a while back and im going to do more with it next year when car is back running or later this fall.

Ecmlink

Sd on e 85 soon

Old 08-19-2011, 04:01 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

would it improve my cold start issue?

Old 08-21-2011, 05:25 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)
Proven Member

and do i need the gm maf cable and boost control solenoid?

Old 09-30-2013, 05:50 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #17 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 3
I can't wait to get mine!!!!

Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #18 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 46
I recently aquired a 95 tsi with dsmlink already installed and plan to go thru the site and figure this out on my own! Have a couple local buddies to help

Old 10-02-2013, 05:32 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #19 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 32
Classifieds Rating: 2
It all depends on what you want to run. Ecmlink can run the stock maf, gm blowthru, or speed density.