The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Door won't open from inside or outside!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinetic Boost

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2003
Long Beach, California
So I started having some problems with my passenger door were sometimes it wouldn't want to lock. From there it escalated to it not wanting to open up from the inside. Few days ago I tried opening up my passenger door and my door handle broke off! :ohdamn: I tried opening the door from the inside but now I'm not able to open it up from the inside either. I bought myself the door handle repair kit but am stuck with no way to really open the door to get it fixed. Any advice would greatly be appreciated! :thumb:

pull your window seal ( the one on the inside) you can see the mechanism from there. now get a wire hanger and bend it so it's shaped like a L. you should be able to open the door from there.:thumb:

or you could try to pop off the inner door panel, since youll need it off to do the repair anyway, from the inside and pull the rod that goes to the latch..

You cannot remove door panel with the door closed. However you can remove the door handle bezel and attempt to work with the latches back there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back