The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Found perfect dust boot for Ground Controls, PIC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanIsleDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Victoria, B.C._Canada
The stock dust boot is pretty junk pile.. and too short, I found these boots at napa, $22 each CAD.

Just thought I'd share for anyone who wants some nice boots on their setup, come with a bump stop too, originally it's stuck in the top of the boot as shown, just pull it out and cut off the wide part that sticks on the boot.. and just slide it on like normal..

I can't believe how well they fit.. like they're made for it, the bottom goes over the konis leaving just a tiny bit of space, while the top fits perfectly right into the bottom of the GC spring isolator.

I forgot the part number.. it's outside, I'll post it up tomorrow.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I know this is a real long shot, especially since this thread is from 08 and the OP hasn't posted on the forums since 09, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm have been building a 93 RX7 over the last two years and I'm having a hard time finding boots for my koni + GC setup.

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=70.0

I was wondering if anyone ever got a part number for those boots, or if anyone could tell me what car you these were originally for, so I can try and track them down at Napa. Any extra info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Lane

PS - Please forgive me for digging this thread up from the grave :)

I don't have a direct answer for your question but a suggestion.

My autozone/Napa guys are pretty cool. They usually let me walk back there with a part and rummage through their bins to find something that would work.

It looks like a steering rack boot, id start looking in that direction vs. struts.

I know this is a real long shot, especially since this thread is from 08 and the OP hasn't posted on the forums since 09, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm have been building a 93 RX7 over the last two years and I'm having a hard time finding boots for my koni + GC setup.

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=70.0

I was wondering if anyone ever got a part number for those boots, or if anyone could tell me what car you these were originally for, so I can try and track them down at Napa. Any extra info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Lane

PS - Please forgive me for digging this thread up from the grave :)

I have no idea if this would help but in the pic you can barely make out a number at the bottom of the uninstalled boot. As best as I can tell it looks like it might be 412953. I'm uncertain about the 1 and 9 though. It's also possible that it says GABRIEL before the number.

BTW, your build in that link looks amazing!

I don't have a direct answer for your question but a suggestion.

My autozone/Napa guys are pretty cool. They usually let me walk back there with a part and rummage through their bins to find something that would work.

Thanks for the suggestion. That was my next move :)

It looks like a steering rack boot, id start looking in that direction vs. struts.

Maybe, but no steering rack boot I know of comes with a bump stop :D

I have no idea if this would help but in the pic you can barely make out a number at the bottom of the uninstalled boot. As best as I can tell it looks like it might be 412953. I'm uncertain about the 1 and 9 though. It's also possible that it says GABRIEL before the number.

BTW, your build in that link looks amazing!

Wow! Good eye! That helped me out a ton! It looks like Gabriel is the brand although I can't get 412953 to pull up anything. I've also tried 432953, 412053, and similar combos, but to no avail. Still, jc whitney all kinds of Gabriel boots + bumpstops and quite a few look exactly like the one VanIsleDSM posted. I think I'll take psycho's suggestion and try Napa in the flesh, but specify I'm looking for a Gabriel boot :)

Thank you and thanks for the kind words about my build. It's been a sloooow process :)

Lane

I realize this is an old thread, but I actually just found it as I was unlucky enough to have my rear bump stops disintegrate on me.

The part number is Gabriel: 143064

Incidentally, that is also the part number Autozone uses under their house brand, Duralast. It is referred to as a "Strut Bumper & Bellow" at part's stores, but Gabriel on their site calls it a "Strut Cushion".

So while that number is indeed written on the boot, it is not the part number at all, hence why no one has been able to find it by searching it.

Also, you don't have to cut off that tip on the bump stop to get it to fit. You just have to push the bump stop all the way to the bottom of the boot. That will actually keep the boot and bump stop in place, and seems to be the way it was intended.

Hopefully this helps shed some light on things.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back