The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash Ecuflash boost control (ceddymod)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayRay32

15+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2003
Orange, Texas
I've searched and read and asked ... haven't found any recent information and haven't been responded to so, I'm making a thread.

Has anyone got it working correctly?

I have played with the duty cycles, duty vs load, duty tps trim but, have yet to actually have the car control boost.

I figured since the tables were there, they should work. Either I'm missing something or they simply aren't finished. I do understand there are several tables that are unfinished under the misc. tab but, it seems like these should work considering they aren't greyed out.

Is there something else we can use to control pressure through the computer?

Last edited:
I can adjust the pressure up to about 4k, then it ramps up to 100% duty cycle. I went ahead and stuck a mbc in the car for the time being.

It appears that we may be able to use the egr options to control boost. If I figure something out, I will post back. It's odd to me that no one is saying anything about this.

I understand that Ceddy has done most of the developement for the black boxes. That being said, he didn't do what he said he would and is still taking donations for developement. This may sound harsh and go against many peoples opinions but, I think his links need to be taken down. If he had any type of integrity, he would at the very least man up and tell the people WHO SUPPORTED HIM that he has no intentions of finishing what he said he would. If I would have had any idea that he wasn't going to finish everything, I wouldn't have even messed with a black box computer. It would have saved me time in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, I just want to say I completely understand where you are coming from - and I agree.

I was under the impression that boost control was, indeed, unfinished. I'm impressed you got it to function at all, even if only to 4k. You might be the only individual who has had boost control working.
Can you take a screen shot of what you're doing? I would love to see what you've done to get it even mildly functional.

I can adjust the pressure up to about 4k, then it ramps up to 100% duty cycle. I went ahead and stuck a mbc in the car for the time being.

It appears that we may be able to use the egr options to control boost. If I figure something out, I will post back. It's odd to me that no one is saying anything about this.

I understand that Ceddy has done most of the developement for the black boxes. That being said, he didn't do what he said he would and is still taking donations for developement. This may sound harsh and go against many peoples opinions but, I think his links need to be taken down. If he had any type of integrity, he would at the very least man up and tell the people WHO SUPPORTED HIM that he has no intentions of finishing what he said he would. If I would have had any idea that he wasn't going to finish everything, I wouldn't have even messed with a black box computer. It would have saved me time in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:

He replied to some posts on his site a couple days ago, it's a start I guess? Kinda. But anywho I've messed with it a little also. Every time I'd start to play around with it something would come up. This weekend I'll see what I can't do with it.

If someones willing to send me the XML I can try and work it with the Evo XML's. I can also try and alter the EGR cycle (as I have on my 98) and get it to work with the boost control.

All I really did was re-scale the load column on "Wastegate Duty vs Load". I also zero'd out all the DC's (I wasn't sure which ones did what). Then started coming back up with them, funny thing is, I never could get it to ramp to anything other than 100 LOL

The only way I have of knowing what is going on is by logging the w/g duty.

I didn't mess with "Wastegate Duty TPS Trim" much. I need to fix the oil feed line on the car before I can do much more testing because I left it right under the w/g dump LOL

Tyeler18, I don't have my laptop with me right now or I would send you an xml. Thank you for offering to help THANK YOU. Someone get this guy an xml.

I tried to get this going last year with the ingersol rand solenoid but saw the same thing you are, you are allowed to set the DC to whatever but at 3700 rpm it starts to ramp back to 100%DC and is there by 4000 rpm.

What we really want to be able to set is the desired boost and base wastegate duty cycle by gear tables but they are grayed out because Ceddy hadn't completed them yet when he stopped development.

I tried to get this going last year with the ingersol rand solenoid but saw the same thing you are, you are allowed to set the DC to whatever but at 3700 rpm it starts to ramp back to 100%DC and is there by 4000 rpm.

What we really want to be able to set is the desired boost and base wastegate duty cycle by gear tables but they are grayed out because Ceddy hadn't completed them yet when he stopped development.

I'm nearly positive we can use egr.

I've been so busy with school, I haven't had a chance to test it out. I may or may not have time between now and graduation. It really depends on how quickly I can get my projects done. Aiche, DMC and 2 others ...

Sorry for not updating, just remembered this thead. My buddy who's a computer programmer is looking at the XML currently. We CAN use the EGR, just have to change it's duty cycles and make it readable for boost control. We'll be implementing EGR control as well as trying to fix Ceddy's version.

Sorry for not updating, just remembered this thead. My buddy who's a computer programmer is looking at the XML currently. We CAN use the EGR, just have to change it's duty cycles and make it readable for boost control. We'll be implementing EGR control as well as trying to fix Ceddy's version.

I think it just needs to be re-scaled. It would be nice if there was some type of fail safe for over boosting but, that may be asking a lot.

I think it just needs to be re-scaled. It would be nice if there was some type of fail safe for over boosting but, that may be asking a lot.

I don't see why that couldn't be implemented seeing as how the BCS uses a fail safe from the factory. It should be a simple definition, all you'd need is a duty cycle shut down after the ECU see's either X AFR, or X MAF HZ that could easily be preprogrammed in.

Why use the egr solenoid control? Our cars already have a boost control solenoid output.

As of right now there's something wrong in the definition for the BCS, and the BCS may not be able to support people wanting to run higher boost (20psi+), the EGR may be a more viable option as well as just BEING one more option, although I don't know how well it'll be able to control it either. Either way we may be able to wire into the BCS/EGR pin outs a stronger solenoid that is capable of holding pressures and duty cycles needed and still retain ECU control.

The evo guys use gm solenoids

HOW TO - Control boost using ECUFLash and 3 port GM boost solenoid - evolutionm.net

Amazon.com: ACDelco 214-474 Valve Assembly: Automotive

Pretty much anything done with ecuflash has been done with the evo guys. We just need to modify the code a bit to work for our ecu.

and thats exactly what were working on. The ecus are pretty similiar, just making sure its defined properly is the problem. Wouldn't want to have anyone over boosting and blowing up, or in the case of when we were recoding big maps for the v6 3g going WAY lean at wot on mine from a wrongly defined maf.

I would think the easiest thing would be to find the stock base WGC map and add it to the rom as a start. The two included maps in ceddymods I believe were added code to be used in a boost control scheme and not in the stock rom.

Has anyone been able to open ceddys IDC file on his website in the H8 dissassembly guide that has the dissembler and headers? When I try to unzip it it tells me the files are corrupted.

I don't see why that couldn't be implemented seeing as how the BCS uses a fail safe from the factory. It should be a simple definition, all you'd need is a duty cycle shut down after the ECU see's either X AFR, or X MAF HZ that could easily be preprogrammed in.

After I graduate, I will have time to learn what I need to know in order to manipulate the definitions. I was simply trying to get someone else off their ass *cough* Ceddy *cough* that said they would do something and didn't. He is BASICALLY scamming people for DEVELOPEMENT money but, I seem to be one of the few people that see it this way.

I absolutely agree with the "simplicity" of the "fail safe." However, I am not savvy enough with how to achieve it at this time. This is a good speed bump for my overall understanding but, a bad speed bump for the general community.

Why use the egr solenoid control? Our cars already have a boost control solenoid output.

You are correct but, from what I can tell the egr solenoid tables have already been completely defined (check them out for yourself). Meaning the only thing required (to my limited understanding) is for the tables to be re-scaled. Maybe I'm wrong ... I did make a B in process control 1 ROFL

I would think the easiest thing would be to find the stock base WGC map and add it to the rom as a start.

*think engineering approach* What's easier, defining the boost tables or using existing definitions for a system nobody uses? IMO the egr system seems like the easiest way to solve this problem UNTIL the boost tables have been defined (*assuming they will work*). :hmm:

Last edited:
After I graduate, I will have time to learn what I need to know in order to manipulate the definitions. I was simply trying to get someone else off their ass *cough* Ceddy *cough* that said they would do something and didn't. He is BASICALLY scamming people for DEVELOPEMENT money but, I seem to be one of the few people that see it this way.

Yes, you are probably the only person that feels this way, and it is a *interesting* opinion in my opinion. Last time I chilled with him he said only a few people donated anything more than a few bucks. Hence this is why hes not on tuners much anymore, people used him and he got sick of it. Where were you when we were talking about the feasibility of even doing flashing way back in 07/08 bro?

Ceddy is a saint for working several hundreds of hours to give the DSM community the ability the have a native tuning solution that is FREE to download and use.

*think engineering approach* What's easier, defining the boost tables or using existing definitions for a system nobody uses? IMO the egr system seems like the easiest way to solve this problem UNTIL the boost tables have been defined (*assuming they will work*). :hmm:

Engineering approach? I don't know what your getting at. The easiest thing to do would be to find the addresses of the base wgs map and insert them. However, I can't open any of the ROMs in IDA without the dsm disassembler that is in idc file thats corrupted.

Yes, you are probably the only person that feels this way, and it is a *interesting* opinion in my opinion. Last time I chilled with him he said only a few people donated anything more than a few bucks. Hence this is why hes not on tuners much anymore, people used him and he got sick of it. Where were you when we were talking about the feasibility of even doing flashing way back in 07/08 bro?

Ceddy is a saint for working several hundreds of hours to give the DSM community the ability the have a native tuning solution that is FREE to download and use.

Engineering approach? I don't know what your getting at. The easiest thing to do would be to find the addresses of the base wgs map and insert them. However, I can't open any of the ROMs in IDA without the dsm disassembler that is in idc file thats corrupted.

In 07/08 I was more than likely playing with my Hondas. Why does that even matter? You admit that he left but, HE IS STILL TAKING DONATIONS FOR DEVELOPEMENT! He is accepting money for something he does not intend to do. Maybe you know something I am unaware of, did I miss something?

I have communicated with multiples of people who agree with me. I can not discredit Ceddy for what he has done but, I'm not going to praise the guy when he is wrong. If he would have communicated with his customers and the community about running off, maybe I wouldn't see things the way I do ...

Here are a few things I've posted about this:

I bought his software and sent him several emails but, he has yet to respond to me. It's hard to understand why someone would put so much time into something and not finish what they said they would. If he came back, and charged 5 times what he is now for his software ... I would pay it. And I'm sure many other people would too. The only thing that makes me wonder, is that he hasn't come back to tell people he is OR isn't going to do what he said he would. Regardless of how much the guy has done for the community and for the free loaders ... that's pretty shitty. BTW I was a free loader too. I probably downloaded his software a dozen times before I actually used it. LOL

He deserves to be paid but, he also should respect his customers AND the community enough to tell them what is going on. Especially when they are still "donating for development."

Did Ceddy ever finish boost control? If he didn't, why don't we put a little money together to get him back on it? At least so he can finish what he started. His software is dirt cheap compared to similar options.

I'm in for $100 if he will help out. Lets support this fool and get him back. I have a vehicle to test on if need be, I just really want boost control.

I wish he could set something up to do live tuning also. It sucks not being able to make a change instantly but, I'm sure that won't surface for H8 ecu's.

Did you actually purchase it or did Ceddy just send you a copy of big maps? If you didn't buy it, now would be a good time to spend $30, even if you don't need SD or BigMaps ;)

10 months ago he mentioned that he was finishing it up.

I doubt it would take much more time. Here in the next few weeks, if he hasn't at least come back to give us an update, I plan to sell one of my H8's to get an evo computer. I really thought bcs was coming. Hopefully he will do what he said he would do. I don't mind giving him more money to do it because he has put in a ton of time. I feel he deserves to get paid for his contributions, time, work and putting up with free loaders.

It would be nice if he would at least let us know that he will or won't update the software so some of us can move to something else. He doesn't even need to explain, just a simple "I'm done" would be good. I wouldn't blame him one bit for completely dropping it, I would just like to know what's going on.

Engineering approach is the most efficient/cheapest way to solve a problem effectively. The "easiest way to get from point A to point B." I don't have time to learn the jargon right now, in a few weeks I will have some "play time" to spend on it. All I'm saying is that the tables have been defined (for egr) so why not try to use what is already there? I mean, either way is "right" as long as it works right? The person who I have donated more than a few dollars to isn't going to finish what they said they would, so that is my logic (for now) ... bro

I see this sort of stuff when I'm flashing ROMs for my Android phone all the time. The developer makes it for free and then bugs arise and people feel entitled to a fix or a solution to it. Then it drives the developer up the wall because he's doing it for free and it becomes a full time job debugging his software and playing the roll of customer service.

Ceddy took donations and continues to which I think is completely fair in the freeware world. Maybe he should have been selling it because then he would at least have some incentive to continue developing it.

Has anybody here made any headway on EBC?

I would like to see some kind of update for this as well.
For one, I still do support what Ceddy has done for all of us, and will buy his Big maps for SD.

Now on the other hand, it would be nice to have some more development in general, hopefully he will come back and do some more stuff, but who knows :idontknow::idontknow::idontknow::dsm:

The main issue here is that Ceddy had to sell his car for some reason. I wish someone close to him on tuners or at least knows him would help him get back into the DSM scene or let him work on someone's car with a 98-99 ecu.

As for the people complaining, he could have charged a LOT more than he does. He charges only $30 DOLLARs to get speed density and big (resolution/scaling) maps. Not to mention all of the work he has done to get launch control, limiters, timing, and NLTS.
One of the few things i have seen in his roms and on his car in his sd trial video is his cyclone intake manifold. I think he developed a way to control it through ecuflash with the fps. I just wish he would have made a tutorial on this or put out more info.

WE NEED CEDDY

Other than that, this shit is Bad Ass, I will use it over ecmlink everytime.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back