The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

headlight switch needs rewired to where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsek17

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 1, 2004
All over, Arizona
Was wondering if anyone knew which wires went where on the headlight switch for a 95. I have a major short issue and have already had to rewire many things and am hoping this is the last of it. I cut the wires off about a foot back from the switch but I cannot find a wiring diagram for which color of wires go where. There is also a chance the switch is burnt as well, so I need to know which wires go where to where so I can at least fix one problem then move onto the switch if needed as well. I might post again soon for another couple of wires that were burnt and shorted as well, but I am still looking to see if I can figure them out first. Unless someone can also include where all wires from fuse box plug and clips inside the car go.

Honestly that didn't help me. I looked at the area for the switch but it only tells how to test for continuity. I need to rewire the whole switch so I need to know which color of wires go where.

You could also go to a salvage yard and cut a pigtail off another car. Than just solder color to color. Find a dash wiring schematic and you should be set.

That's what I am looking for is a schematic telling me which colors go where. A pig tail isn't going to help because I need to rewire all the way to the headlights because my wiring is fried.

I don't know why you say they don't have what you need. The factory manuals tell you the color codes & they're abbreviated next to each wire on all the wiring schematics.

That's what I am looking for is a schematic telling me which colors go where. A pig tail isn't going to help because I need to rewire all the way to the headlights because my wiring is fried.

I think the easiest thing to do is to just go to a junk yard and grab all of the wiring from the headlights back to the switch. That way you know what the wires are and where they go. Just take a knife and a good pair of cutters with you so you can separate the loom an grab the wiring you need.

+1 The schematics have the color codes next to the wires.

#### it, I dont understand that shit. I'm just going to do the shitty way and install a toggle switch. Or find someone that will let me open there column for 2 seconds to check myself.

#### it, I dont understand that shit. I'm just going to do the shitty way and install a toggle switch. Or find someone that will let me open there column for 2 seconds to check myself.

You will very very likely cause a fire if you wire the headlights up to a toggle switch. Sounds like it has already been on fire or close to it. They have to be ran thru a relay. Why don't you just go find a good dash harness if you are having that much trouble with a simple schematic.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back