The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Gauge cluster partially working.. Input needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM IN MN

Supporting VIP
May 17, 2009
Wadena, Minnesota
So I swapped my '95 TSi AWD's interior from the brownish interior it had to black and tan. Specifically the dash has been in and out a few times. First to swap, then to remove the heater core and fan(s), then to remove the rest of the ducting.

The cluster lights turn on, the fuel and oil pressure gauge work..but that's about it. The tach seems to move maybe a millimeter when I turn the car on but it's limited to that. The speedometer doesn't work, nor does coolant/engine temp. or boost. I find this odd and confusing as it worked before I took the cluster out even AFTER I did the dash swap.

I've since pulled the cluster and put it back in to see if that would help make sure the contacts were all correctly touching with zero luck.

If anyone has any useful idea I would greatly appreciate some input on what to try.

Thanks,
Chayce.

Edit:

After doing some looking around I found a plug that was just chilling behind where the radio goes. It made everything work correctly but the oil pressure gauge as well as the speedometer seems to work on part of the time. It could be the cluster is loose as I do not have it screwed all the way in.

Last edited:
After messing around I found a plug right above the ECU and the tach works all the time now. The speedometer is finicky. It'll move up to 20MPH then either bounce back and forth between zero and such. Then it will just sit at zero. Very seldom does it work past 40 and continue working. Usually it'll just down. I've once had it work the entire time driving.

For the ones that have messed with them; are the speed sensors very temperamental or anything?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back