The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Cyclone record dyno!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keltalon

Supporting VIP
Jun 29, 2003
Luthersville Ga, Atlanta, Georgia
Well I made a few changes to my set up in hopes of more cyclone wheel horse power I have new dyno numbers and I find out that despite some improvement I now need more fuel:thumb: to get better numbers. The car is totally insane and was built mainly as a street killa and has lived up to its name dearly........... despite my unorthodox pioneering efforts on the boards. I will post dyno sheet and videos when I get home quite interesting to say the leastLOL

Last edited:
Cant wait to see them kel im not shooting for the 700 hp but plan is to make a awesome street dsm that
suits me.

Here's the dyno sheet. I stopped the pull at 6800rpm the car was seeing af ratio in the 13s 34psi would not go any higher pump is maxed e-85 whoa!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8KcZh63b0dM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my 3rd gear pull the car would not stop spinning on the dyno.

NICE!!:thumb: Gained power with the exh mani for sure. I think once you upgrade those fuel lines her thirst will be quenched. Thats amazing how much hp with the stock fuel lines. HP would have hit 700 for sure if you stayed in her but you were smart to play it safe.

Keep on pioneering bro we're watching as well as the skeptics!:hellyeah:

Kels can you overlay the record breaking dyno on this dyno where we can see the loss and gains?

No one is pioneering anything after 24 years of these cars being built and raced. Not a whole lot of shock and awe coming from the DSM world anymore.

No one is pioneering anything after 24 years of these cars being built and raced. Not a whole lot of shock and awe coming from the DSM world anymore.

You are a funny dude! I will respond to your sarcasm later but I will laugh for now LOL!

Last edited:
Just as a casual observer, care to list what you've pioneered? As well as provide proof that no one else has done the same thing before? Credit where credit is due, 100%, if it can be proven.

Just as a casual observer, care to list what you've pioneered? As well as provide proof that no one else has done the same thing before? Credit where credit is due, 100%, if it can be proven.

LOl the board is full of the infestations:barf: Just ponder over this video for a minute boost set to 25psi and when I upgrade the fuel system I will post one of 40psi;) True street destroyer that gets 320 miles to the tank on e-85 pioneer if you ask me! lot of unorthodox pioneering in this set up and you will never see my car in the classified being parted out!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0r-iqcHzCVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't think people are trying to put you down. I think they are asking for you to show your work. Are you trying to help the comunity by showing us what pioneering methods you used?

I have nothing against the community and have always tried to help but there are a few rats on the board that can't accept how I do things and yet at the same time I get results. I have seen too many high powered set ups parted out over the last 11 years on the boards and knew that I needed to do something different to keep my setup together and thus far I am pleased. the first thing pioneered is to build a street car that gets good gas mileage , sound stock and produce race car power and that I have done which lead to the breaking of the cyclone record. One post above says that this is not a wow factor but to me it is and I would like to see someone else take the record. The next pioneering factor is making over 500lbs of torque under 5000rpm 4800rpm to be exact, I haven't seen this done by no one on the board if it exist then its an oversight on my part as this contributes to the good gas mileage. These are just two examples. If someone wants help from me from now on they will have to pm me because the rats are just too many! My methods can be found in a search of the boards and in my youtube videos people don't have to agree with them but make no mistake about it the car is testimony that they are effective and are very well though out and get the job done!

I don't have anything against you but a simple cyclone record is really nothing impressive seeing how the stocker has been over 800whp. You can make power on anything. Its just a matter of when and how much of a bottle neck it becomes.

The torque you put out is impressive but then again are you going to different dynos or the same one. They are all calibrated differently, and then there's correction factor. I've seen dyno sheets of an e316g putting out around 450tq and just shy of 500hp. (can you say inflated?)

As for mpg. Its all on the tune and your right foot. Staying out of boost the car would consume the same amount of fuel even if it was 1000hp. But your claim of 320 miles to the tank on e85 makes me a skeptic seeing it is a fact that e85 lowers fuel economy by 20%.

Awesome job great numbers on the set up, ive learned you know who you are and what you've done, ill leave it at that props man, ill be in ga soon ill hit you up, so I can go for a spin in the street terror.

I don't have anything against you but a simple cyclone record is really nothing impressive seeing how the stocker has been over 800whp. You can make power on anything. Its just a matter of when and how much of a bottle neck it becomes.

The torque you put out is impressive but then again are you going to different dynos or the same one. They are all calibrated differently, and then there's correction factor. I've seen dyno sheets of an e316g putting out around 450tq and just shy of 500hp. (can you say inflated?)

As for mpg. Its all on the tune and your right foot. Staying out of boost the car would consume the same amount of fuel even if it was 1000hp. But your claim of 320 miles to the tank on e85 makes me a skeptic seeing it is a fact that e85 lowers fuel economy by 20%.

You are entitled to your opinions which is why there will always be disagreements on the forums which I don't mind I love them. LOL look at all my dyno sheet they are of the same dyno. one thing that can't be argued with is the videos what you see is an insane piece of engineering by yours truly:rolleyes: here are the videos again for reference no inflation on this end.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8KcZh63b0dM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0r-iqcHzCVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome job great numbers on the set up, ive learned you know who you are and what you've done, ill leave it at that props man, ill be in ga soon ill hit you up, so I can go for a spin in the street terror.

Cool just hit me with a text I am the boss so I can do as I please;)

I have nothing against the community and have always tried to help but there are a few rats on the board that can't accept how I do things and yet at the same time I get results. I have seen too many high powered set ups parted out over the last 11 years on the boards and knew that I needed to do something different to keep my setup together and thus far I am pleased. the first thing pioneered is to build a street car that gets good gas mileage , sound stock and produce race car power and that I have done which lead to the breaking of the cyclone record. One post above says that this is not a wow factor but to me it is and I would like to see someone else take the record. The next pioneering factor is making over 500lbs of torque under 5000rpm 4800rpm to be exact, I haven't seen this done by no one on the board if it exist then its an oversight on my part as this contributes to the good gas mileage. These are just two examples. If someone wants help from me from now on they will have to pm me because the rats are just too many! My methods can be found in a search of the boards and in my youtube videos people don't have to agree with them but make no mistake about it the car is testimony that they are effective and are very well though out and get the job done!

As a man, who has not had the pleasure of driving the DSM he has been building for about four years now: I am impressed. Based on your threads, and videos it would appear that you have not given up and have maintained focus during your build. I dont care if your intake is made of cardboard or space metal, your numbers are impressive. On a side note, people on this forum are very technical and skeptical so that being said their going to dissect every thing you say; one to authenticate your claims, and secondly out of the unwillingness to acknowledge resentment envy or whatever other words their willing to deny ....because at least half of us on this forums daily drive some other car Not our dsm.
But for the rest of us, who get exited to see others do well i applaud you :applause:.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back