The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Evo III Precision 5858 601HP/698TQ @ 25psi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evolutionz

Probationary Member
Nov 4, 2013
Sweden, Europe
Finally dyno my beast Evo III this weekend! We were amazed that it delivered so much power on such low boost.

Unfortunately we didnt came much longer because the throttle body broke, but we saw that there are still ALOT more to get than that. The turbo is rated to 620hp, so there shouldnt be any problem to push it to 650 with this beast :)

504HP@19psi(1.3bar)
601HP/698NM(514 ft lb) @25psi(1.7bar) at crank

Fuel: E85

Setup:
2.0 liter non stroker
Precision 5858bb vband 3" with cutout
Custom full flow exhaust manifold with tial 44mvr wg
JM Fabrication Race manifold
Wiseco 9.0:1 compression pistons
Eagle rods
Kelford 272/272
Race ported head
1680cc Injectors
etc etc etc...

More detailed setup and more pictures
Garaget | Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR (1995)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
That dyno is generous. We don't make those make numbers with 60mm turbos at 35psi let alone nearly 700ft/lbs of torque. If those numbers are true and that car weighs under 3000 lbs it should go mid to low 9s all day.

I own a 5858. Ran it at over 30psi. Dont have quite the setup this guy has but from the butt dyno? I would have to agree: very generous dyno.

No matter, he has a vband BB unit which no doubt flows better and better cams but still: 26psi? 600whp?
That just doesnt add up. My mafcomps were pretty zeroed, maybe a little under so i may have been runnin closer to 54lbs/min. That was at ~32psi. His intake, exhaust,valvetrain would all help him exceed my airflow at a given psi of boost but thats quite a disparity.

Maybe ill dyno mine before i switch setups on a dynojet. See if theres any merit to this. Ill have higher CR, kelfords, +1mm valves but the dsm housing will still be a choke point. Still, it should be in the ball park.
OP: What is displacement? Bastard makes a good point i didnt even think of. Maybe hes a 2.3? Impressive numbers even if he is 2.3 or a 2.4.

btw, translate does a half decent job if you're looking at his page. I forgot chrome can do that automatically(duh). Nothing extreme about the engine build or fuel. Unless its like pure ethanol. That would make a slight difference i guess. IDK, this is interesting. Makes me really want to dyno my 5858

it's 601HP/698NM (514 ft lb) at the crank, not 601whp. Fuel is E85 and one factor that also giving me such power on this boost is because im running 9.0:1 compression pistons. And its 2.0liter non stroker.

it's 601HP/698NM (514 ft lb) at the crank, not 601whp. Fuel is E85 and one factor that also giving me such power on this boost is because im running 9.0:1 compression pistons. And its 2.0liter non stroker.

Ohhhhh. Well so it's about 480whp. While it's decent, it's not earth shattering.

That sounds more like it. Thanks for clarifying.

I have close to the same setup. Fully built motor, 2.0 9.0:1 running gsc s2 cams. with the 5858 on pump (91 oct) I made 402awhp on a mustang dyno

I have close to the same setup. Fully built motor, 2.0 9.0:1 running gsc s2 cams. with the 5858 on pump (91 oct) I made 402awhp on a mustang dyno

What boost? Mine didnt like anything past 25psi on 93oct. Had to drop timing too much. Switched to e85 to get over that hump

I have never heard of any chassis dyno pumping out an accurate crank HP number. So my 645hp though an auto(645*1.2=774) Then take that "stick number" and mulitiply it by driveline loss of an AWD system

774*1.25= 967HP @ the crank. Nice! I also made 765 ft/lb torque!

10.5:1 compression ratio on E85. Aluminum rods, Kelford 294HL's @ 50psi through a compound setup.

Props to a very nice setup and some pretty nice #'s at 26si with that turbo!:thumb: I know she has more in her. Nice job:) Gorgeous car as well!!

How the hell are you handling those boschs? Are they low z or hi z? The low z are terrible for idle and cruise but get the job done well WOT.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but how is this setup working for you? Just had my pt5858 setup dyno'd and made 475whp on a mustang dyno on pump with stock head. Curious if you kept going with this and if so what numbers you saw?

How much boost were you running?
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but how is this setup working for you? Just had my pt5858 setup dyno'd and made 475whp on a mustang dyno on pump with stock head. Curious if you kept going with this and if so what numbers you saw?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back