The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

6262BB talon all tuned :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWDtalontsi96

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2010
Enfield, Connecticut
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/URL][/IMG]

Just got back from the tune

All current mods in profile are up to date

Mustang dyno

93 pump gas

Last edited:
Nice numbers. Is the dyno accurate as far as when turbo hits full spool?

Looks like pump gas w no spray. Thats some really good numbers. Thats at least 520whp in dynojet terms

His info under his avatar says 475/365, which I'm assuming is accurate. Above 7500rpm or so it goes above the 455whp line and keeps climbing pretty much until the pull is stopped. And that is very good power on 93 octane! Looks like boost was right around 28psi! You probably would have broken 500whp on 30psi...you were just starting to get into the efficiency range of that turbo! I loved it when I had my Evo 9 running it. Enjoy the power!!

It does seem a little laggy. I was going to mention maybe it was done that way to keep torque down, but it's on a halman mbc.

Last edited:

He said yes. Which seemed kinda odd of u ask me. Based on my setup you would think I would spool quick , I am kinda thinking my head out flows my intake mani and tb which are stock it loses the velocity to help spool to the turbo. I don't know. Just guessing .

475 , on the main screen is did say peak 475

Looks like pump gas w no spray. Thats some really good numbers. Thats at least 520whp in dynojet terms

Yep 93 with no meth

Yeah the guy said on a dyno jet it would be like 520-530. Im happy with that

His info under his avatar says 475/365, which I'm assuming is accurate. Above 7500rpm or so it goes above the 455whp line and keeps climbing pretty much until the pull is stopped. And that is very good power on 93 octane! Looks like boost was right around 28psi! You probably would have broken 500whp on 30psi...you were just starting to get into the efficiency range of that turbo! I loved it when I had my Evo 9 running it. Enjoy the power!!

It does seem a little laggy. I was going to mention maybe it was done that way to keep torque down, but it's on a halman mbc.

I am enjoying it for about another month then 74 s90 TB , sheet metal intake , 2150cc fic injectors , going to SD also. E85 and go for big power

Explain this ? I want TQ , wasn't trying to keep TQ down. and Halman mbc bad ?

The pulls were all done to 8500 rpms and the boost was set at 29 psi, The motor revs to about 9500 rpms. The stock intake manifold and stock TB are really chocking off the top end.

Last edited:

I'm on tappa talk it doesnt show those

Whats more: that much power, pump gas, and 9:1 CR. Really good tuning and im very impressed with 1. the head work and 2. the PTE. That thing is clearly a monster. I would expect these results out of the 6266, not the 6262. Great job. When you get e85 going, faaaahgeetttt aboout it. Stupid power. twin disk in your future my friend

Whats more: that much power, pump gas, and 9:1 CR. Really good tuning and im very impressed with 1. the head work and 2. the PTE. That thing is clearly a monster. I would expect these results out of the 6266, not the 6262. Great job. When you get e85 going, faaaahgeetttt aboout it. Stupid power. twin disk in your future my friend

Thanks :). I got to say I am pretty happy with it. She is a very fun to drive. I know the turbo looks laggy , but with how I set up the motor it revs so quick to that 5k - 6k rpm when boost comes on it that you don't notice lag. All u do is hold the f on LOL. I did almost year worth of reading , researching , calling suppliers. Asking a million one questions. Coming on here doing reviews. Looking at people who did flow bench test on different 1g head setups. Seeing what parts worked the best with other parts. The head flows over 320cfm which will support 1000 hp. Yeah twin disk going in over winter.

I helped the turbine housing flow better with some porting and polishing. The casting is kinda crappy if u ask me. The Punishment racing T3 flange was a perfect match to the T3 gasket , but the flange on the turbine was more oval shape then rectangle. So I scribed the gasket and got the carbide porting bits out and gasket matched the flange so there would be no turbulence going into the turbine housing then gently worked my way down and then polished it all pretty .

Explain this ? I want TQ , wasn't trying to keep TQ down. and Halman mbc bad ?

The pulls were all done to 8500 rpms and the boost was set at 29 psi, The motor revs to about 9500 rpms. The stock intake manifold and stock TB are really chocking off the top end.

What was meant by this is that if you were running a boost control solenoid and ECU controlled boost, a lot of times, if the torque comes on too quick (typically based on your drivetrain or if running a stock motor), you can slowly ramp the boost up to keep torque down. Also, see the response below!

I think this power is very good and is on par with the 6262. Not many people saw what they could really do before seeing the 6266 or 6466. My Evo on a 6262, fully built at only 8.5:1 compression, ported stock intake manifold, Kelford 272 cams, etc would hit 20psi by about 4400rpm, which is about 1k rpm faster than your setup. Swapping the intake manifold/throttle body and I bet you'll see the car pick up a lot quicker. My Evo made 451whp on a Mustang Dyno on 91 octane, and that was an unfinished tune. My fuel pumps/regulator weren't working together so the pressure wasn't rising. The car ended up making 619whp/480wtq on 36psi and E85 once I got the fuel issue sorted, and that was 'only' at 8200 rpm with the power still climbing!

What was meant by this is that if you were running a boost control solenoid and ECU controlled boost, a lot of times, if the torque comes on too quick (typically based on your drivetrain or if running a stock motor), you can slowly ramp the boost up to keep torque down. Also, see the response below!

I think this power is very good and is on par with the 6262. Not many people saw what they could really do before seeing the 6266 or 6466. My Evo on a 6262, fully built at only 8.5:1 compression, ported stock intake manifold, Kelford 272 cams, etc would hit 20psi by about 4400rpm, which is about 1k rpm faster than your setup. Swapping the intake manifold/throttle body and I bet you'll see the car pick up a lot quicker. My Evo made 451whp on a Mustang Dyno on 91 octane, and that was an unfinished tune. My fuel pumps/regulator weren't working together so the pressure wasn't rising. The car ended up making 619whp/480wtq on 36psi and E85 once I got the fuel issue sorted, and that was 'only' at 8200 rpm with the power still climbing!

Oh okay. Interesting on the ramping up boost thing. makes sense if u don't wanna throw all that tq on stock engine or tranny.

Well this winter there is going be some changes to the intake side of things. plus some other goodies. Ill keep them thread going as I changed and add stuff. Ill repost new number in spring with a I retune with the new go fast stuff. I am aiming for 700 whp.

Oh okay. Interesting on the ramping up boost thing. makes sense if u don't wanna throw all that tq on stock engine or tranny.

Well this winter there is going be some changes to the intake side of things. plus some other goodies. Ill keep them thread going as I changed and add stuff. Ill repost new number in spring with a I retune with the new go fast stuff. I am aiming for 700 whp.

what are you planning on changing?

s90 74mm TB
Jm Fab race intake manifold
fic 2150cc injectors
2x340 aero fuel pumps
-8an fuel feed
SD
areomotive fuel rail
Coil on plug
ark 2 ignition
e85

I think with this addition making 700 shouldn't be to hard

Yep 700 should be a piece of cake!

A little overkill for 700whp? My car ran the time in my sig-avatar thingy with the the old school GT35r, "crappy" BC 280s, stock fuel line to the filter under the hood and the stock intake manifold and throttle body. I would try and refine what you have first before throwing money at it.

Nice numbers! My set up is similar to yours other than I tuned on a dynojet and didnt go past 25 psi due to my greddy I/C and pipes could not flow any more... The closest E85 gas station is about 30 miles from here, so no E85 tune for now until sometime next year... Enjoy the set up...

A little overkill for 700whp? My car ran the time in my sig-avatar thingy with the the old school GT35r, "crappy" BC 280s, stock fuel line to the filter under the hood and the stock intake manifold and throttle body. I would try and refine what you have first before throwing money at it.

Well my goal for end of next year is 1000 whp. So def going to refine the current motor setup. and Yes I know I need a bigger turbo to make 1000whp.

Nice numbers! My set up is similar to yours other than I tuned on a dynojet and didnt go past 25 psi due to my greddy I/C and pipes could not flow any more... The closest E85 gas station is about 30 miles from here, so no E85 tune for now until sometime next year... Enjoy the set up...

Thanks , Yeah I got the punishment racing kit. For the money it was worth it , but the inlets on the I/C are barely 2.5 in. So going to hp grade to ets short route drag ic kit with 3in piping and 4in core.

Good numbers on pump.

Thanks man

Those are some nice numbers on 93 octane. I just made 473whp/421wtq on 93. Nice to see not everyone has went to E85 yet :)

Nice tq numbers , damn stroker and 272's LOL. My 2.0 and 280's kinda killed my tq but you can see I am still making power at 8500 rpms. I wish the guy would of pushed it to 9500 rpms so I could atleast see where the motor starts to fall off. I am going to a dyno day in a few weeks on another mustang dyno. Going to have the guy push it to 9500 so I know where I am falling off. My motor is setup to spin 11k

Don't push it to that rpm unless the tune is up that high. Your timing/fuel takes may not extend or be tuned that high.

Don't push it to that rpm unless the tune is up that high. Your timing/fuel takes may not extend or be tuned that high.

No my fuel and timing maps are scaled to 11K and 450 load , and when we took a ride after the dyno tune me and the tuner pushed it to 9500 , did our logs and logged wideband as well. tweaked what we needed too and She rev's like a Honda LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back