The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Well it's been a long time coming but I guess this is a good start.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoolin ddub

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
We finally got to the dyno today. Everyone been waiting to see what this lil turbo can do LOL. Reichen and the shop were asked what did I think the car was going to put down. They said 500ish. I never told anyone but in my mind I figured 600ish and I stood firm on that LOL. It wasn't the best day to hit the rollers since temps in dyno showed 97* but oh well. 1st pull tach didn't give good signal and numbers were off showing 695whp and 900ft/lbs LOL. The Afr were at 11.1 but someone at a meet/car show i went to turned up my boost to 33psi (it was at 29psi). the tune was conservative so it turned out alright but there was a little knock so mike pulled 1* of timing. 2nd pull afr leaned out to 11.7, 12* peak timing @ 33psi car made 693whp 527ft/lbs but then oil pump started having issues and leaking . We're pretty sure the engine noise logged was from oil pump going bad. I'm hoping for around 730-750ish at 33psi with a little more tuning then turning boost up to 40-42psi :hellyeah:. For the record this is a dynojet. i'll be back to update once we get back on the rollers.

vid
Devo2ning Built 1g DSM Dyno - YouTube

Last edited:
We finally got to the dyno today. Everyone been waiting to see what this lil turbo can do LOL. Reichen and the shop were asked what did I think the car was going to put down. They said 500ish. I never told anyone but in my mind I figured 600ish and I stood firm on that LOL. It wasn't the best day to hit the rollers since temps in dyno showed 97* but oh well. 1st pull tach didn't give good signal and numbers were off showing 695whp and 900ft/lbs LOL. The Afr were at 11.1 but someone at a meet/car show i went to turned up my boost to 33psi (it was at 29psi). the tune was conservative so it turned out alright but there was a little knock so mike pulled 1* of timing. 2nd pull afr leaned out to 11.7, 12* peak timing @ 33psi car made 693whp 527ft/lbs but then oil pump started having issues and leaking . We're pretty sure the engine noise logged was from oil pump going bad. I'm hoping for around 730-750ish at 33psi with a little more tuning then turning boost up to 40-42psi :hellyeah:. For the record this is a dynojet. i'll be back to update once we get back on the rollers.

vid
Devo2ning Built 1g DSM Dyno - YouTube
Wow those numbers are krazee!!! Doesnt someone else we know run that same turbo Dee?hint hint:thumb: those are some strong numbers at 33psi im very anxious to see what my baby is gonna do. Good work man.:thumb:

Wow those numbers are krazee!!! Doesnt someone else we know run that same turbo Dee?hint hint:thumb: those are some strong numbers at 33psi im very anxious to see what my baby is gonna do. Good work man.:thumb:
Thanks. kels running a 6765 with a smaller housing so my turbo is slightly bigger but I cant wait to see what you and kels put down LOL.

But theres more to my pull. Although some idiot turned boost up to 33psi whats crazy is that dyno pull is off a few 25psi street pull tunes going off boost compensation to 33psi. The dyno tune hasn't even begun LOL. I have no clue how much power the car will make in the end.

Sick power and torque. The fireball at the end scared the doodle out of the guy behind the car. LOL. I am also waiting to see what Kelvin will put down. We will all see what his combo will do if he can only take a break from making fine furnitures.

Try using the straight cut oil pump gears to keep the oil pump from failing prematurely. You will need to debur the gears teeth and front case to achieve the best result. I went through 3 oil pumps and seen my friends killed a bunch oil pumps before figuring this out. I rev my engine to 9000rpm and has not been plagued by oil pump failure since I use the straight cut gears.

Agreed on the straight cut gear suggestion. And way to blow those expectations out of the water!! What rpm does this monster spool at?

Agreed on the straight cut gear suggestion. And way to blow those expectations out of the water!! What rpm does this monster spool at?
thanks. I'm going to get the straight cut gears like everyone suggesting. As fas as the spool the Dyno shop hasn't emailed my the sheet yet and I don't have access to the log. But i think boost was coming on at 3200 and full boost was around 5600ish but I'm go to the shop and download logs so I can answer that question accurately.

Last edited:
Looked at the logs closer and I may have been wrong about something else. Target boost appearers to be 29psi. Surprisingly car appears to have boost creep fluctuating between 29 and 33psi right around 8100 rpm thru 10,000rpm. We'll know for certain once boost is turned up

I am almost ready ordered some id2000 injectors today. I am impressed at how hard my car pulls at current 11 psi boost:p
You should be impressed LOL. When my car was on 14psi wastegate spring they said it felt like a mid 11 sec car. At the 29-30psi its at every single person who races that has rode shotgun in my car says it is a 9 second car with only 8* of peak timing. But I hope to find out soon. I really wanted to hit the local track by now and also wanted to attend and be on kill mode for the shootout. But sometimes life gets in the way and prevents that from happening LOL.

You should be impressed LOL. When my car was on 14psi wastegate spring they said it felt like a mid 11 sec car. At the 29-30psi its at every single person who races that has rode shotgun in my car says it is a 9 second car with only 8* of peak timing. But I hope to find out soon. I really wanted to hit the local track by now and also wanted to attend and be on kill mode for the shootout. But sometimes life gets in the way and prevents that from happening LOL.
Wow I know what you mean about life!!! While I'm still here trying to sort out mines.LOL I hope to start working and completing putting my car together next week. I hope to join you two guys soon.
Still have to tighten up trans case,driveshaft,front suspension,place FMIC and then get pipes fabbed for exh and wastegates. I'm excited for you guys just cant wait till I finish. I am following both you guys your cars sound promising 600whp+.

Aug 31, I'm away at school, but I'm comming home that weekend to goto the track. He's 40whp up from me. Mine makes 660 now. Also dwights car in no more a 9 sec car than mine is. Unless he's packing nitrous and slicks, it won't be. Dyno numbers aren't track numbers.

Aug 31, I'm away at school, but I'm comming home that weekend to goto the track. He's 40whp up from me. Mine makes 660 now. Also dwights car in no more a 9 sec car than mine is. Unless he's packing nitrous and slicks, it won't be. Dyno numbers aren't track numbers.
I know the 31st isnt the only day you'll be at the track. If it is the only day we can set something up for another day. I'll drive and meet you half way.....somewhere ;). I'll PM you.

What do you mean? He's not the only losing traction. I spin thru 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I don't hook until 4th :thumb:.

I don't have a 10 second car;) MAAAAAYYBE a high 11s, IDK since I never tracked it. Once I get get around to tuning it on E-85 I might try to make my way down to GLD in Union Grove.

I don't have a 10 second car;) MAAAAAYYBE a high 11s, IDK since I never tracked it. Once I get get around to tuning it on E-85 I might try to make my way down to GLD in Union Grove.
It's all in good fun. Next time I'm up that way at GLD i'll pm you. Come hang with us. I always like to meet new mitsu people.

Code:
Time to update that profile :thumb: you make 660 Dubb makes 693 I need to get in that 600 club and that way I can legally be part of the track talk and meeting somebody somewhere conversation you guys have going on:p
I post the dyno numbers because that's what people are asking for. But Kels you already know dyno numbers mean nothing to me LOL. A dyno its just a tool to help analyze and dial the car in better. Look at the curve. Do i keep the redline at 9500rpm, or does it need to be lowered it to 9K, or should I (as I feel now) raise it to 10,000rpm etc? The peak number means very little. But as for Bastard. He just wants to be seen. I already told him last year on another site (yes we have had this discussion before LOL). I said Just let me know when your car is ready. We can set something up. Then on 05/08/13 I pm'd him... we still on for that run? He said soon as the car is back together. Well it appears his car been back together so I dont want to hear well i'll be home on the 31st. Thats one day and I have business to handle the next few weeks...... but I know its 2 months of racing left in Chicago from sept 14th on. So at some point he'll be in his car again and we gone get it in. Bastarddsm all this talkin and puffing up for the public to see is unnecessary.

Yeah car has been running since june, but I took my time and put 1000mi on it for break in. Then worked a few bugs out of it. It takes time when you machine and assemble your own engine/transmission, fabricate your own parts, tune it ect... I also work full time, and crew on a truck pulling team.

Anyway, I'm not running on the street ever. That's stupid. I offered aug31 cause I'll be at the track. After that I'm dialing the car back and getting it ready so I can drive it 300mi south to school, where I'll goto some 7.90 index races here.

I have nothing to loose, it should be a landslide, I don't even expect to win. It's a 54mm turbo 3400lb street car vs. a 67mm turbo racecar. Dwight should smoke my car. He has the cammiest cams, the builtest motor, the boostiest turbo, the shiftiest trans, and the transferiest Tcase.

I have some second hand junk that I assembled in my gravel driveway.

If dwight looses,......well thats bad news.

Yeah car has been running since june, but I took my time and put 1000mi on it for break in. Then worked a few bugs out of it. It takes time when you machine and assemble your own engine/transmission, fabricate your own parts, tune it ect... I also work full time, and crew on a truck pulling team.

Anyway, I'm not running on the street ever. That's stupid. I offered aug31 cause I'll be at the track. After that I'm dialing the car back and getting it ready so I can drive it 300mi south to school, where I'll goto some 7.90 index races here.

I have nothing to loose, it should be a landslide, I don't even expect to win. It's a 54mm turbo 3400lb street car vs. a 67mm turbo racecar. Dwight should smoke my car. He has the cammiest cams, the builtest motor, the boostiest turbo, the shiftiest trans, and the transferiest Tcase.

I have some second hand junk that I assembled in my gravel driveway.

If dwight looses,......well thats bad news.
I'm not to worried about losing but It's all in good fun. I will say this though. My car is no race car. It's just a street car that has a nice setup. I've put more miles on my car this summer then anyone i know.

I'm not to worried about losing but It's all in good fun. I will say this though. My car is no race car. It's just a street car that has a nice setup. I've put more miles on my car this summer then anyone i know.

You got working ac and cruise? You have a racecar with plates on it.

You got working ac and cruise? You have a racecar with plates on it.
It has heat and don't even use a/c in my Acura Cl type-S and I have never ever used cruise control in any car i have owned. So I had both deleted. But i do know it still rides and handles better then most DSM's I come across. Regardless of those facts that racecar streetcar argument is just BS anyway. In racing it don't matter if you built the car on a budget or if it's shop built with alot of money in it. It don't matter If it came in on a trailer or if it drove in. It don't matter if its completely gutted or full weight. Because once you line up....all that is irrelevant. The only thing that matters.... is who crosses that line first.

Now we can stop all this talking because its of topic and is cluttering up my thread LOL. If you have something else to say. PM me ;).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back