Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > Racing & Motorsports > Dyno Talk
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Dyno Talk: For all the DSM dyno queens. Discuss dyno results here. For tuning discussions, use the Tuning Forum.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011, 01:16 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #21 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,631
Classifieds Rating: 4
Very nice... just goes to show what a stock ecu and stock injectors can do... i guess i'll be fine with my mods.

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:48 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #22 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 115
Classifieds Rating: -1
not bad for such low boost, i can only hope my fp 18g will see as good of results

Old 08-13-2011, 07:22 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #23 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Tech Posts: 1,761
Photos: 18
Classifieds Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltalon View Post
Congrats little spyder. Almost in that 300hp club Keep up the good work!
Im well into the 300 club now.. Since this video Ive installed my 1000cc injectors and v3 tuned to 19psi.. Pretty conservative since Im still on pump gas.. Going E85 after I rewire my 255 after we get back from the Shootout..

Old 08-13-2011, 07:37 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #24 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 20
One thing I can say is that is a Great 297whp! You can clearly see how much more potential the car has. Nice job.

I've never been to the dyno yet so I can only imagine how that feels.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:48 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #25 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 51
Photos: 1
Classifieds Rating: 19
So there is hope for my Spyder after all ! Congrats!
View photos of this member's car 

Old 08-13-2011, 07:52 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #26 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by noavgjoe View Post
So there is hope for my Spyder after all ! Congrats!
If it has a 4G63..it has hope. I just picked up a Spyder on Monday to swap my 2.3L into. I'm pretty sure mine will have hope.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:56 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #27 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 797
Photos: 10
Classifieds Rating: 4
Wow, no tune? Thats awesome! That motor must still be pretty fresh and running perfect.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:35 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #28 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 2,777
Photos: 16
Classifieds Rating: 3
Send a message via ICQ to RipperXX Send a message via AIM to RipperXX Send a message via Yahoo to RipperXX
i'd try to sell those BC cams and get a set of GSC 2 cams, DKS, HKS or Kelford 272s...shit about anything else really. That and once you get the injectors in there and tuned, you should be rockin some pretty decent power.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:07 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #29 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 181
Photos: 1
Classifieds Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipperXX View Post
i'd try to sell those BC cams and get a set of GSC 2 cams, DKS, HKS or Kelford 272s...shit about anything else really. That and once you get the injectors in there and tuned, you should be rockin some pretty decent power.

Why get rid of the Brian Crower's? I've been noticing alot of people switching up the 272 preference. Any reason for this?

Btw OP awesome car.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:32 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #30 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Tech Posts: 1,761
Photos: 18
Classifieds Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipperXX View Post
I havent had any problems with the BC's and I was on a budget when I bought them. Maybe this winter when I do my other build Ill buy something else, but Ive got a set of adjustable cam gears that arent installed to properly dial in these cams. A buddy of mine told me after theyre dialed in I will notice a big difference in performance.

Also as Ive said about four times now, the injectors are installed and a tune has been put to the car. No new numbers as of yet though.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:03 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #31 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 2,777
Photos: 16
Classifieds Rating: 3
Send a message via ICQ to RipperXX Send a message via AIM to RipperXX Send a message via Yahoo to RipperXX
Why, because they suck. People have switched to "smaller" better cams and made more power. In some cases a LOT more power, like say switching from BC 280's to Kelford 272's...the advertised degree is less but there gaining a LOT of power. Cause theres more to a cam than the advertised degree...a lot more actually. Do some reading on the subject and you will see for the older 4G63 like ours (and the early evo's) theres really only 3-4 manufactures that really make nice cams, and BC is not one of them lol. Affordable...yea, and in this case you get what you pay for too.

Manufactures I would consider buying cams from.
1. GSC
2. Kelford
3. HKS
4. FP

If I was on a budget...maybe the DKS re-grinds as even THERE better than the BCs. Only thing to really note is that with the Kelfords and some of the GSC's or FP variations of cams, you can't just throw them in and go, you HAVE to upgrade your valve springs etc. Otherwise due to the high ramp rates, your valves wont like you...or the engines pistons. (valve float)

You really should spend a LOT of time researching cams, as there a major part of your engine that decides how the whole engine responds and where it makes it's power. I for instance am planning on a set of GSC 1 cams, there a pretty good drop in cam, and there in the middle from say a HKS 264 and 272 @ 268* and still have good ramp rates etc....Far as quality goes no one beats HKS IMO. But they are dated and don't produce the most power since there ramp rates are much less aggressive. Which DOES mean less stress on the valve train. So it's not always a bad thing.