Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > Racing & Motorsports > Dyno Talk
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Dyno Talk: For all the DSM dyno queens. Discuss dyno results here. For tuning discussions, use the Tuning Forum.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #61 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 54
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to SpecialtyAuto
Thanks for the comments guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurBoneRed View Post
Are those stock painted rims?
Yep, they are.

Few changes made this week....will be on dyno shortly for new #'s. Hopefully the dual valve springs solved the misfire issue at high RPM which we suspected to be due to a valve floating from the stock valve springs.

Hoosier drag radials
Enkei RPF1 16" lightweight racing wheels
ACT 3200 PP with South Bend kevlar/ceramic disc
Fidanza cam gears
Supertech dual valve springs with titanium retainers
Gates timing belt
L19 head studs

Last edited by SpecialtyAuto; 06-01-2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #62 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 65
Photos: 1
Classifieds Rating: 3
Send a message via AIM to drewbird91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM_munky_man View Post
Sweet that was the tranny I was looking at too. What options did you opt for? I am wanting the evo 1st geAr and input and the taller 5th gear too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyAuto View Post
I believe it does have a evo 1st gear, but the previous owner who had it would know more about that. I'd have to ask him or wait for him to chime in
I'm pretty sure it does not have the evo 1st gear and input shaft or the taller 5th. But you would have to check the reciepts.

Quote:
Thanks for the comments guys.

Yep, they are.

Few changes made this week....will be on dyno shortly for new #'s. Hopefully the dual valve springs solved the misfire issue at high RPM which we suspected to be due to a valve floating from the stock valve springs.

Hoosier drag radials
Enkei RPF1 16" lightweight racing wheels
ACT 3200 PP with South Bend kevlar/ceramic disc
Fidanza cam gears
Supertech dual valve springs with titanium retainers
Gates timing belt
L19 head studs
This is just nuts to see you doing this to the car. Makes me happy to see she is getting the attention she deserves. I honestly thought I'd never see the car again. Are you planning on keeping the car or are you going to try and sell it? You putting a cage in there soon? Carbon fiber drive shaft? What else you have planned? When are you going to take that to GLD?

You post anywhere else (other forums) about the car? If you want I can send you a dvd or something of all the old pictures I have of the car, I know you have the book of reciepts already.

Last edited by drewbird91; 06-01-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping
Visit drewbird91's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #63 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbird91 View Post
I'm pretty sure it does not have the evo 1st gear and input shaft or the taller 5th. But you would have to check the reciepts.

This is just nuts to see you doing this to the car. Makes me happy to see she is getting the attention she deserves. I honestly thought I'd never see the car again. Are you planning on keeping the car or are you going to try and sell it? You putting a cage in there soon? Carbon fiber drive shaft? What else you have planned? When are you going to take that to GLD?

You post anywhere else (other forums) about the car? If you want I can send you a dvd or something of all the old pictures I have of the car, I know you have the book of reciepts already.
That'll be great to see all the old pictures of the car!!!! As of right now I don't plan on selling it, but I guess everything is for sale for the right price, especially to its original owner! But I'm having a blast with the car so far and plan on taking it to GLD yes, but since we have a local track here, I don't get to make the trip to GLD too often except when our track gets rained out or what not.

I'm sure i'll be FORCED to put a cage in there once I make 1 or 2 passes down the track, haha. So I'm sure I will. Not sure about a carbon fiber driveshaft, perhaps, but not as of right now. I'd like to research it probably a bit to see the potential gains and what not. I post in this forum and WIdsm.org, my name on widsm.org was made 5 years ago and its faster_than_coty. Thanks for the reply, PM me if you want if we can exchange those pics sometime!

Wanted to upload some new pics of the exterior of the car today. Got some new wheels and tires for it that I'll be putting to use at the track tomorrow! (if rain holds off) I have boost set low for the first few times to see how she does on 28lbs first. If all goes well, may attempt 39-40.

Last edited by SpecialtyAuto; 06-02-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping

Old 06-04-2011, 08:00 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #64 (permalink)
Proven Member

UPDATE...time for a rebuild lol...didnt think the block would last too long. Still runs fine, just getting EXCESSIVE blow by through the rings and am going to have to bore it over and run a better piston and rod set up. I guess stay tuned

P.S. DSM's are crazy with maintenance, the supra gets 1000hp of beat runs day after day and I park it in the garage every night and don't do a damn thing. The DSM however, ha....totally different. Oh well.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:43 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #65 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 491
Send a message via AIM to kp116
Car looks sick on those rpf1's!

Old 06-04-2011, 11:44 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #66 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
UPDATE...time for a rebuild lol...didnt think the block would last too long. Still runs fine, just getting EXCESSIVE blow by through the rings and am going to have to bore it over and run a better piston and rod set up. I guess stay tuned

P.S. DSM's are crazy with maintenance, the supra gets 1000hp of beat runs day after day and I park it in the garage every night and don't do a damn thing. The DSM however, ha....totally different. Oh well.
Did you run it at all at the track?

Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #67 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Did you run it at all at the track?
nope, decided not to with all the blow by that was going on. Would of just blew something apart. Give me a month to rebuild the engine and throw a stage 4 Shep trans in the car instead of the stage 3.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #68 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 673
Photos: 12
Classifieds Rating: 17
MKIV Supra... Sex.

Anyway, sucks to hear about the engine. What piston/rod are you going to run now? I have a Manley I-Beam/Wiseco HD ready to go almost. Just want to push the stock block... once the car is actually done.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:01 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #69 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96awd View Post
MKIV Supra... Sex.

Anyway, sucks to hear about the engine. What piston/rod are you going to run now? I have a Manley I-Beam/Wiseco HD ready to go almost. Just want to push the stock block... once the car is actually done.
There are Eagle Rods and Ross pistons in it now. Not sure if the Eagle rods will be good enough for the power I'm making, may have to do a bit more research on that yet. As far as pistons, I'll need to look into an actual HD piston. So far I have my eyes set on the Wiseco HD set.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:07 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #70 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 673
Photos: 12
Classifieds Rating: 17
Quote:
There are Eagle Rods and Ross pistons in it now. Not sure if the Eagle rods will be good enough for the power I'm making, may have to do a bit more research on that yet. As far as pistons, I'll need to look into an actual HD piston. So far I have my eyes set on the Wiseco HD set.
Were you planning on saying stroker or go back to 2.0 platform?

I'm surprised you were able to squeeze this power out of a mitsu-housed turbo just because I've never seen it done. Can't wait to see what it'll do with the new setup at aleast.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:48 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #71 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96awd View Post
Were you planning on saying stroker or go back to 2.0 platform?

I'm surprised you were able to squeeze this power out of a mitsu-housed turbo just because I've never seen it done. Can't wait to see what it'll do with the new setup at aleast.
I'll be staying 2.3L Well, since it has to be bored over, it'll be a little bigger than a 2.3

Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #72 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
My car is also a eagle ross combo and this is the 4th year on this engine, 3 of which has been 500+whp and the end of last year was probably around 700+. I have heard mixed stories on the eagle rods though but mine seem to be holding together just fine.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:52 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #73 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp116 View Post
My car is also a eagle ross combo and this is the 4th year on this engine, 3 of which has been 500+whp and the end of last year was probably around 700+. I have heard mixed stories on the eagle rods though but mine seem to be holding together just fine.
Good to know thanks if everything is good in the motor when the machine shop checks it over, I may just get away with only having to put new rings in it and keeping the same bore on the block(hoping) And I'll slap new bearings in it too.

P.S. Anybody know if anybody has a good used or new stage 4 awd trans for sale? I'm looking to buy

Old 06-11-2011, 04:06 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #74 (permalink)
Supporting VIP

Tech Posts: 2,000
Photos: 24
Classifieds Rating: 6
Reputation: keltalon is extremely helpful and trustworthykeltalon is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Quote:
So got my car tuned at Beyond Redline Performance on a AWD dynojet in Green Bay today. So far, in the middle of tuning as I write this, the car makes 563awhp@32lbs of boost on E85. Going to try for 40lbs! Dyno sheets will come shortly, along with before and after comparisons of old set up.

Updated #'s -616awhp/658awtq@39lbs
Was still breaking up at high rpm because of a valve floating from stock valve springs, so supertech dual valve springs are going in, plus adjustable cam gears. Will keep you guys posted on final #'s in a few days.

Mod list is:

Built 2.3L-Eagle Rods, Wiseco Pistons, ACL bearings
5 angle valve job
Comp101200 cams
3g lifters
Supertech Dual Valve springs
Fidanza adjustable cam gears
Gates timing belt
Mitsu MLS
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
Beyond Redline coil on plug ignition set up
Beyond Redline intake manifold
FP DSM82 dbb turbo with tial mvr 44mm wg and FP recirc 02 housing
FP log style manifold
DSM link v3 with speed density
Precision black fmic with 3" piping
FP 4" intake with K&N filter
Full 3" stainless exhaust
Shep Stage 3 Trans
ACT 3200 Clutch with kevlar/ceramic disc
Fidanza flywheel
Vr4 front brake calipers
Dual walbaro 255 fuel pumps
Bosch 044 inline fuel pump
1600cc injectors
-8 fuel line
Aeromotive FPR

OLD set up versus new

YouTube - ‪1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse FP DSM82 E85 39psi 616awhp/658awtq‬‏
Dude this is one of the nicest setups that I have seen on these boards very nice numbers like the humble appearance of the car as well. Nice job
Visit keltalon's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 06-11-2011, 08:16 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #75 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 679
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Do u have a graph with power vs. RPM, I hate graphs with speed.

Nice work though, don't be scared to rev that stroker she will take it all day.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:33 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #76 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
Do u have a graph with power vs. RPM, I hate graphs with speed.

Nice work though, don't be scared to rev that stroker she will take it all day.
I'll see if I can get one from Beyond Redline next time I stop over there.

She didn't take it too long When I bought the car, the rings were gapped to stock spec so it wasn't really meant to handle the power I'm pushing out of it. Probably will end up changing the pistons also. Should have it back on dyno shortly within this month.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:31 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #77 (permalink)
Proven Member

UPDATE:

I'm going with an IPT built automatic(2g housing) with a IPT billet torque converter and trans brake. Also, got a few new parts in.

Innovate wideband in stock oil pressure gauge location

D2 coilovers

Zinc plated drilled/slotted front and rear rotors with hawk pads(front) and EBC pads(rear)

Old 07-11-2011, 07:31 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #78 (permalink)
Proven Member

Insane, just insane. Keep going. Pm me your address and I will make a dvd up of the old pictures I have of the car. To give you an idea how meticulous I was when I torn it down:

Old 07-12-2011, 01:22 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #79 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Insane, just insane. Keep going. Pm me your address and I will make a dvd up of the old pictures I have of the car. To give you an idea how meticulous I was when I torn it down:
sweet man will do! Just got block and crank back from machine shop. Balanced and blueprinted. I'll keep you posted on the progress of us putting together the new engine with the built IPT auto trans I'm choosing to run Hopefully run 9's!

Old 07-12-2011, 04:37 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #80 (permalink)
Proven Member

Looks good! Although I don't think anyone has used or set up a trans brake with our cars so I am confused about that. Unless that converter is really loose your probably going to have to use some nitrous to flash the converter.