Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > Racing & Motorsports > Dyno Talk
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Dyno Talk: For all the DSM dyno queens. Discuss dyno results here. For tuning discussions, use the Tuning Forum.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2011, 10:38 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #41 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 310
Photos: 7
Classifieds Rating: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow1gentsi View Post
so what made you go with the hta3582 over like an hx40 pro?
My guess is, he wanted a real turbo You get what you pay for, and holsets are not an exception to this rule.

View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:05 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #42 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 156
Classifieds Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonekid77 View Post
My guess is, he wanted a real turbo You get what you pay for, and holsets are not an exception to this rule.
Please avoid turning this thread into a "I hate holset" vs "I love holset". Pretty sure we already have enough of those around here.

Come on man, you say that like holset is a knock off.....

Old 05-22-2011, 08:21 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #43 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 9.752 @ 146.150
Tech Posts: 821
Photos: 14
Classifieds Rating: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonekid77 View Post
Have you ever used a holset?

To the OP... Good job with the car! You're turning it into a dyno queen though. Get that thing to the track. Better get a 4 bolt.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:42 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #44 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 124
Photos: 12
Classifieds Rating: 10
Send a message via AIM to iceman21221
yeah x2 on that 4bolt

great job on the setup so far man...

95 AWD Panda 498WHP
96 GST Daily Driver

Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #45 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 54
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to SpecialtyAuto
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM_munky_man View Post
Any work done to the Tranny at all? like internal wise? I am wanting this set up, i will have the block and head here within a month, then it will be a few months till I could afford something again, but am undecided if I should get a tranny built first then get the turbo. Let me know what you think.
Its a shep stage 3 trans. I'd do your trans first, then turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard33 View Post

To the OP... Good job with the car! You're turning it into a dyno queen though. Get that thing to the track. Better get a 4 bolt.
I'm not really. I'm getting the car dialed in correctly so that when I do bring it to the track, the car is right, and I'm not begging for a disaster.

Here is the dyno graph comparison of my old graph with a much smaller turbo versus my new graph of the new set up. You can see the DSM82 is spooling up QUICKER than the smaller old 6061! Keep in mind you can see the car is breaking up in the high RPM range due to my lack of dual valve springs causing a valve to float, thus a misfire. I believe once its back on the dyno it will pull 600+hp to 8000

Last edited by SpecialtyAuto; 05-23-2011 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping

Old 05-23-2011, 07:44 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #46 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 15.104 @ 91.520
Tech Posts: 554
Classifieds Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyAuto View Post
Its a shep stage 3 trans. I'd do your trans first, then turbo.
Sweet that was the tranny I was looking at too. What options did you opt for? I am wanting the evo 1st geAr and input and the taller 5th gear too.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:48 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #47 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM_munky_man View Post
Sweet that was the tranny I was looking at too. What options did you opt for? I am wanting the evo 1st geAr and input and the taller 5th gear too.
I believe it does have a evo 1st gear, but the previous owner who had it would know more about that. I'd have to ask him or wait for him to chime in

Old 05-23-2011, 01:19 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #48 (permalink)
Proven Member

Ic, well either way its good to hear that it works great for the setup, cause your set up is similar to what mine is going to be, damn near close. Hope to pull some similar numbers as well. I want to taste 600!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:39 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #49 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 491
Send a message via AIM to kp116
Congrats on the numbers! It was nice checking out your car and cody's at automotion over the weekend. What plugs and what were they gapped to when you were using stock coils? I was able to make 640whp on a mustang dyno with no break up issues what so ever with stock coils, br8es gapped down to .020"

Old 05-24-2011, 07:57 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #50 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp116 View Post
Congrats on the numbers! It was nice checking out your car and cody's at automotion over the weekend. What plugs and what were they gapped to when you were using stock coils? I was able to make 640whp on a mustang dyno with no break up issues what so ever with stock coils, br8es gapped down to .020"
Yeah it was nice to see your car too. Thing is crazy.....Makes me want to put 4 slicks on my car

Well we found that it wasn't ignition break up in high rpm, it was my stock valve springs causing valves to float and thus causing the misfire. I'm putting supertech dual valve springs in it now and hoping that solves the issue. For ignition, I'm running Beyond Redline's coil on plug set up and Br8es as well gapped to .024. I'm hoping it still doesn't misfire when the valve springs are in, but we'll see.

BTW...how is that new set up of yours working out? You getting into it yet?

Old 05-24-2011, 08:09 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #51 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 491
Send a message via AIM to kp116
Quote:
Yeah it was nice to see your car too. Thing is crazy.....Makes me want to put 4 slicks on my car

Well we found that it wasn't ignition break up in high rpm, it was my stock valve springs causing valves to float and thus causing the misfire. I'm putting supertech dual valve springs in it now and hoping that solves the issue. For ignition, I'm running Beyond Redline's coil on plug set up and Br8es as well gapped to .024. I'm hoping it still doesn't misfire when the valve springs are in, but we'll see.

BTW...how is that new set up of yours working out? You getting into it yet?
We somewhat dialed it in while we were up in the dells on wastegate pressure (25psi) From a slow roll while matt (mr. peepers) got a quick jump and then I stayed on his bumper the whole time. His car usually traps mid to low 130's so if I can do that on wastegate pressure that is awesome! Right now I am in the process of fixing the speed sensor issue so I have a speedometer and then get to finally play around with the nitrous to get it out of the hole.

I will be looking forward to seeing some new numbers!

Old 05-25-2011, 02:56 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #52 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 266
Classifieds Rating: 11
The only thing this thread is missing are videos...!

Old 05-25-2011, 03:04 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #53 (permalink)
Proven Member

Right!? I am not oging to beleive it till i see videos!

Old 05-25-2011, 05:01 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #54 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boug View Post
The only thing this thread is missing are videos...!
Waiting on beyond redline to send them to me via e mail Should be by tomorrow!

Old 05-26-2011, 05:18 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #55 (permalink)
Proven Member

dyno video is now up and viewable on 1st post

Old 05-27-2011, 11:05 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #56 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 266
Classifieds Rating: 11
Quote:
Waiting on beyond redline to send them to me via e mail Should be by tomorrow!
Quote:
dyno video is now up and viewable on 1st post
Yes. That joker looked like it was about to jump off the rollers.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:00 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #57 (permalink)
Proven Member

Pretty sick man. I am superjealous! That bitch was walking all around on that dyno.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:06 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #58 (permalink)

Tech Posts: 11,740
Photos: 13
Classified Ads: 3
Classifieds Rating: 216
Good numbers from a DSM bolt-on turbo, and the recirculated wastegate sounds super-stealthy at full boost.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:21 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #59 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 721
Reputation: BigBeans is extremely helpful and trustworthyBigBeans is extremely helpful and trustworthyBigBeans is extremely helpful and trustworthy
That is monster torque, well done!

92 TSI AWD- 30R @ 30psi on 93 octane (SOLD)

Old 05-28-2011, 10:47 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #60 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 91
Are those stock painted rims?