Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > Racing & Motorsports > Dyno Talk
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Dyno Talk: For all the DSM dyno queens. Discuss dyno results here. For tuning discussions, use the Tuning Forum.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 12:04 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #21 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 138
Classifieds Rating: 2
good work man

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #22 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 9.658 @ 144.522
Tech Posts: 44
Photos: 3
Torque Monster!!! Can't wait to see the power band. Good Job!!
View photos of this member's car 

Old 05-19-2011, 12:15 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #23 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 15.104 @ 91.520
Tech Posts: 554
Classifieds Rating: 4
Nice job! I am super excited now to get that turbo set up. Still seeing full boost at 4200? Don't forget videos!!!!!! I wanna see it in action!

Old 05-19-2011, 03:03 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #24 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 65
Photos: 1
Classifieds Rating: 3
Send a message via AIM to drewbird91
The crank was undercut .010" when I took it to the machine shop (rod bearings) . At that power level is the strength of the crank a concern?

Also the pictures you have in the first post have cop setup. When I had the car I was thinking about getting an dynatek arc 2 since alot of DSMLink guys were running those.

Did you break in the clutch at all?

Is Luke doing the tuning?
Visit drewbird91's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 05-19-2011, 03:38 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #25 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 139
Bought this sane turbo way back in december and have yet to put it on High school an work take up too much time! Cant wait after seeing this thread! Although, stock block for me

Old 05-19-2011, 04:25 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #26 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 54
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to SpecialtyAuto
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbird91 View Post
The crank was undercut .010" when I took it to the machine shop (rod bearings) . At that power level is the strength of the crank a concern?

Also the pictures you have in the first post have cop setup. When I had the car I was thinking about getting an dynatek arc 2 since alot of DSMLink guys were running those.

Did you break in the clutch at all?

Is Luke doing the tuning?
Luke does all the tuning for Beyond Redline, so yes. Clutch was broken, from Luke actually, got it from his old 92 red talon. The coil on plug set up in that picture is what was giving us problems, so i put back in the stock wires and coils and it pulled strong til 35lbs, then broke up over that when we tried to run 40. So I need the COP working correctly, beyond redline tried re-wiring it, but its still breaking up even under like 4lbs of boost. Its just not working correctly, something is odd. But for the time being, I'm running the stock coils until it's figured out.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #27 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 530
Classifieds Rating: 1
Send a message via AIM to 19BLACKGST98
Good numbers congrats. Whats the difference in the 3582HTA and the DSM82HTA?

EDIT: Never mind I found the answer to my question...I have the same turbo I just had mine rebuilt into it.

What size Throttle body are you running?

Old 05-19-2011, 08:00 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #28 (permalink)
Proven Member

stock throttle body

Old 05-19-2011, 08:32 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #29 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 151
Send a message via AIM to Limegrntaln
Nice, subscribed, and you answered my 500HP question with this turbo. This is what I was looking at. I was worried about spool though. And you're running 3" IC pipes.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #30 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 528
Classified Ads: 1
Classifieds Rating: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM_munky_man View Post
I think so. He mentions stock heads with only a valve job, but I could be wrong.

Congrats on the numbers. I am hoping for similar results cause my build will be similar to yours. How is the turbo? Spool quick? Good airflow? I was lookin into the 82 or 86. Not sure which one yet, but I know it's one of those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyAuto View Post
Mod list is:

Built 2.3L-Eagle Rods, Wiseco Pistons, ACL bearings
Stock head with 5 angle valve job
Comp101200 cams
3g lifters
Mitsu MLS
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
Beyond Redline coil on plug ignition set up
Beyond Redline intake manifold
FP DSM82 dbb turbo with tial mvr 44mm wg and FP recirc 02 housing
FP log style manifold
DSM link v3 with speed density
Precision black fmic with 3" piping
FP 4" intake with K&N filter
Full 3" stainless exhaust
Shep Stage 3 Tranny
ACT 2900 Clutch with 6 puck ceramic disk
Fidanza flywheel
Vr4 front brake calipers
Dual walbaro 255 fuel pumps
Bosch 044 inline fuel pump
1600cc injectors
-8 fuel line
Aeromotive FPR

Old 05-20-2011, 05:46 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #31 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Nice, subscribed, and you answered my 500HP question with this turbo. This is what I was looking at. I was worried about spool though. And you're running 3" IC pipes.
He's running this on a 2.3. If your not using a stroker motor expect to hit full boost between 4500 to 4700. I also run 3" intercooler piping so you can probably save some spool up time with the 2 1/2" piping.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:51 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #32 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrouskris View Post
Ya, I noticed that a little later, before when I replied I quickly skimmed, damn lack of sleep! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19BLACKGST98 View Post
He's running this on a 2.3. If your not using a stroker motor expect to hit full boost between 4500 to 4700. I also run 3" intercooler piping so you can probably save some spool up time with the 2 1/2" piping.
Thats good to hear, i ahve 2.5" piping, just dont know if the PR FMIC will hold up lol May have to invest in a better core..

Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #33 (permalink)
Proven Member

UPDATE...trying for more power but now its floating the stock valve springs...so I'm going to throw some Supertech dual valve springs in there over the weekend, along with some adjustable cam gears, and get it back on the dyno monday-tuesday ish to see if I can make even more

Old 05-20-2011, 12:08 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #34 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Tech Posts: 7,774
Photos: 19
Classifieds Rating: 12
Send a message via Yahoo to Bud92gsx
Take video's this time..

Dsm is down yet again.Whats new

Old 05-20-2011, 12:26 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #35 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud92gsx View Post
Take video's this time..
x2 lol

Old 05-20-2011, 12:41 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #36 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
UPDATE...trying for more power but now its floating the stock valve springs...so I'm going to throw some Supertech dual valve springs in there over the weekend, along with some adjustable cam gears, and get it back on the dyno monday-tuesday ish to see if I can make even more
If I was wrong. Good luck.

Last edited by 19BLACKGST98; 05-24-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:36 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #37 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 364
Classifieds Rating: 9
Quote:
Damn homie! You must have some deep pockets to be able to dish it out like that on the fly! ! Congrats though. Car is sick.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:52 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #38 (permalink)
Proven Member

Any work done to the Tranny at all? like internal wise? I am wanting this set up, i will have the block and head here within a month, then it will be a few months till I could afford something again, but am undecided if I should get a tranny built first then get the turbo. Let me know what you think.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:41 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #39 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 151
Send a message via AIM to Limegrntaln
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19BLACKGST98 View Post
I've been tossing around the idea of a 2.3 or a 2.4. I'm on my 5th DSM. Been in the 11s with a 2.0 when the FP reds were a new turbo. There was no such thing as a stroker when I first started modding DSMs, which was back when Dave Buschur and Sean from Extreme Motorsports were still running 16Gs. And when I bought my 1G from the dealership with 17 miles on it.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:21 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #40 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 35
so what made you go with the hta3582 over like an hx40 pro? because I have a really good friend with the hx40 and it is a very capable turbo for like a 1/3 of the price. AMAZING setup though love it