Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > Racing & Motorsports > Dyno Talk
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Dyno Talk: For all the DSM dyno queens. Discuss dyno results here. For tuning discussions, use the Tuning Forum.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 01:28 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #21 (permalink)
DSMtuners Supporting Vendor

punishment racing 

Tech Posts: 173
Classifieds Rating: 4
Send a message via AIM to punishment
Nice work!!! It's amazing what these turbos can do, we have one sitting on the shelf that I'm trying to decide what to put it on.

Tim
Punishment Racing DSM Store
Punishment Racing - Punish The Competition - Homepage

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:43 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #22 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 219
Classifieds Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboglenn View Post
are teh AFR's from thedyno graph accurate? If so do they match what your car's wideband is reading? Reason i ask is most people are afraid to run mid to high 12's for AFR untill they realize it knocks when rich, but i've never heard tell of some one aiming for 13.4:1 at WOT. I can't believe no one has mentioned this in this thread yet, maybe no one looked *shrugs*

If you would please fill me in about your AFR's
You're reading it wrong bud, its 12.4 not 13.4. I aim for mid 12's on E85, though another friend that day did a pull at 28 psi with a 35R where the maf was getting overrun and the afrs went into the 14's on E85 and didn't knock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punishment View Post
Nice work!!! It's amazing what these turbos can do, we have one sitting on the shelf that I'm trying to decide what to put it on.

Tim
Yah its not a bad turbo. Seems very comparible to a 3076R or a 3082.

Last edited by rampridersrider; 07-20-2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping

Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #23 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Tech Posts: 8,218
Photos: 58
Classifieds Rating: 9
Send a message via Yahoo to dsm-onster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampridersrider View Post
Mods that matter.

Eagle/Wiseco 2.0 6 bolt
8.5:1 compression ratio
ARP headstuds with factory Failpro headgasket
Stock head and valvetrain with FP2 cams
Stock 6 bolt Intake Manifold
Stock 1g Turbo throttle body and 2g elbow
Junk Ebay intercooler
Crushed/Dodge modded 1g BOV
Junk Ebay DNP knock off exhaust manifold
7 blade HX35 with chewed up compressor wheel, w/ 12cm housing, unported and untouched
Tial 35mm wastegate
Full 3 inch exhaust with High flow cat
2g maf, FP intake
1600 cc injectors, single rewired 255 intank, stock lines and filter, E85
DSMLink
WOW I didn't notice that. did you run that pte gasket which gives the divider a radius at least?

Old 07-30-2010, 09:16 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #24 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 188
Classifieds Rating: 4
Send a message via AIM to Lavery
This gives me motivation to get crackin on my holder build. Im impressed sir.
Visit Lavery's homepage! 

Old 07-30-2010, 09:24 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #25 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 35
Photos: 2
Classifieds Rating: 0
Nice good run
View photos of this member's car 

Old 08-04-2010, 02:53 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #26 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm-onster View Post
WOW I didn't notice that. did you run that pte gasket which gives the divider a radius at least?
No.

Just a bunch of air bouncing around and trying to be go from a big hole and be rammed into 2 smaller ones.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:15 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #27 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 927
Photos: 6
Classifieds Rating: 1
nice numbers... this setup up is close to what my brother has building!!
But he has 1000cc inj. going to run 93 pump till he get bigger inj. And has a 2g head swap.. (previous owner of the motor) but this gives me sight of what he may reach!

Ill be sure to show him this!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:33 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #28 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Car: 2001 VW JETTA
Tech Posts: 4
nice numbers...hey did you ever measure your comp wheel..i have a 7blade hx35...and am curious.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #29 (permalink)
Proven Member

56 mm

Old 10-01-2010, 04:51 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #30 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 147
Classifieds Rating: 15
Did you really measure it or you just assume its 56mm since your is a 7 blade? I have an Hx35 7 blade too but it only measure ~53mm ind and 78mm exd. so i think I got a 54mm/78mm wheel here High Tech Turbo . I'm thinking 56mm was typo because I never seen a 7 blade 56mm wheel replacement wheel for sale only 54mm.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:05 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #31 (permalink)
DSM Wiseman

Tech Posts: 289
Photos: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by punishment View Post

Tim
You should put it on a road race car. Preferably one in Upstate NY that is going to Watkins Glen on the 11th and 12th and is looking for a turbo to test...

Old 10-01-2010, 07:48 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #32 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 158
Photos: 12
Classifieds Rating: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGSX View Post
You should put it on a road race car. Preferably one in Upstate NY that is going to Watkins Glen on the 11th and 12th and is looking for a turbo to test...
I second this! I personally think the HX35 platform will be VERY competitive in road race, preferably with a proper twin scroll setup, and possibly that progressive "spool-up" device I've seen lurking in this forum . Either way, put the HOLSET in ROAD RACE!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:07 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #33 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 38
Classifieds Rating: 5

Wow..

Just wondering how is your feed and oil return line set up? Thanks and congrats on your numbers.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:00 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #34 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmv View Post
Did you really measure it or you just assume its 56mm since your is a 7 blade? I have an Hx35 7 blade too but it only measure ~53mm ind and 78mm exd. so i think I got a 54mm/78mm wheel here High Tech Turbo . I'm thinking 56mm was typo because I never seen a 7 blade 56mm wheel replacement wheel for sale only 54mm.
Everyone says its a 56mm, so I said its a 56mm. I could give a sh!t less what mm it is. It made 508 hp on a stock 2g maf, stock head, ebay exhaust manifold, full exhaust, cat, stock IM, ebay intercooler, tons of boost leaks, 100+ degree intake temps, a chewed up compressor wheel, and only 30 psi. And trapped 129 without even trying in a full weight 2g.

It will be back at the dyno probably next year with some more mods and looking for 580+ and 135+ mph traps and mid 10's in a full weight 2g.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcastgsx View Post
Just wondering how is your feed and oil return line set up? Thanks and congrats on your numbers.
Oil feed from the OFH, .078 restrictor at the turbo, ported OFH. Factory DSM oil drain modded to fit. 15w50 Mobil 1 oil.

4k+ hard miles like this.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:14 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #35 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 38
The restrictor is due to no balance shafts right? Thanks for the info and keep up the good work! By the way you vids on you tube shows just how quick your car is, pretty dope.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:33 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #36 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGSX View Post
+1

This would be a perfect turbo for one lap of america and would be real interesting put against the old fp3052 you ran the past two seasons.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:05 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #37 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,484
Photos: 4
Reputation: Strm Trpr is extremely helpful and trustworthyStrm Trpr is extremely helpful and trustworthyStrm Trpr is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampridersrider View Post
Everyone says its a 56mm, so I said its a 56mm. I could give a sh!t less what mm it is. It made 508 hp on a stock 2g maf, stock head, ebay exhaust manifold, full exhaust, cat, stock IM, ebay intercooler, tons of boost leaks, 100+ degree intake temps, a chewed up compressor wheel, and only 30 psi. And trapped 129 without even trying in a full weight 2g.

It will be back at the dyno probably next year with some more mods and looking for 580+ and 135+ mph traps and mid 10's in a full weight 2g.

Oil feed from the OFH, .078 restrictor at the turbo, ported OFH. Factory DSM oil drain modded to fit. 15w50 Mobil 1 oil.

4k+ hard miles like this.
This is all most impressive.
I have a 7-blade HX35 that I plan on fully twin-scrolling.
Borg Warner is introducing a new series of turbos in the next few days.
If the price is right on these new Borg Warner's, the HX35 will be up for sale!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #38 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,658
Photos: 4
Don't have a EGT log do you?

Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #39 (permalink)
Supporting Freelancer

Tech Posts: 1,585
Photos: 12
Classified Ads: 1
Classifieds Rating: 37
Im getting ready to put my HX35 on in the next twio weeks... i just ordered the rest of the parts i need to install. i cant wait!

Visit black_gst's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 10-26-2010, 09:20 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #40 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcastgsx View Post
The restrictor is due to no balance shafts right? Thanks for the info and keep up the good work! By the way you vids on you tube shows just how quick your car is, pretty dope.
There's a few other vids on youtube of me running a few cars. Search for Steevo vs Nitrobasher or Steevo vs Shane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob10_99 View Post
Don't have a EGT log do you?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_gst View Post
Im getting ready to put my HX35 on in the next twio weeks... i just ordered the rest of the parts i need to install. i cant wait!
Its a fun turbo. I'd like to see what it can do with a few more mods and a better working transmission.