The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Southbend Clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroh

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2002
Freeport, Illinois
I just ordered a new Southbend Clutch SS-X pressure plate with the super heavy duty B-Series full-face segmented friction ceramic clutch. The torque rating for this clutch is 600-650. Does anyone have any experience with this clutch? I don't see a lot of people talking about them. I figured I would give it a try. It can't be any worse than my competition clutch. Stage 4, six puck sprung disc. Engagement is harsh and stupid. I would not recommend it for street driving.

Honestly I have one sitting on my shelf waiting to go in. AS far as I know everyone that I have see non here that runs one of these clutches loves them and Tim from TMZ he runs them in his track car and he's doing 1000hp.

I wanted to have a single disc and this is the strongest one I found if it actually holds 600tq. My car makes 420tq on 93 octane. I plan on switching to E85 in the future so the southbend seemed like a good choice.

I have the SS-X TZ/B kit in one of my cars and I love it. It's the 2700# PP with the Kevlar/Ceramic sprung disc. I get no chatter, pedal isn't a whole lot heavier than stock, and it offers more clamping force than I'll ever need.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back