The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Anyone in Spokane WA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingarex

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 3, 2012
Cheney, Washington
So I'm in Spokane Washington and have my transmission out at the moment. I'd like someone knowledgeable to look at my trans and let me know if anything looks amiss. (not that there will be) Also I'd like an experienced person to pull, and weld my center diff.

I'm apprehensive just taking it to a welder or transmission shop because a muffler shop can weld, but won't necessarily know the idiosyncrasies and characteristics of a dsm transmission, and a tranny shop might not be willing to weld the diff due to personal preference or apathy.

Long story short, is there anyone near by that has done this SUCCESSFULLY that would be willingto help a guy out? I want to do all I can to help my poor 5spd glass transmission survive .

Hop on the ole facebook and search for Washington DSM group there are a ton of Eastern WA guys that are waaayyyy more active there than here for stuff like this. I would try to offer up some type of compensation to engage those members who are motivated by things like beer, philanthropy, or plain cashola in order to elicit a response as a tip... Good luck with the project, even if you don't get someone to help, the welding is pretty standard and any fabrication shop should charge a moderate fee to do so. Print out a FAQ on the welding with pics if you feel the need, but after you explain it to them I'm sure they will understand!

Not having a Facebook always dicks me. OK, I just worry that it won't get done properly. Screw it, here's to the future.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back