The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Another bad trans maybe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan_40

Proven Member
Nov 5, 2013
Breezewood, Pennsylvania
So recentley my car I've noticed when in 5th gear cruising the shifter moves by itself. (when i get on the throttle it shoots back, let off and it shoots up) now when i put it in 5th gear and let off the throttle it will pop out far enough that its not in gear but not in neatual slot if that makes sense.

And when you intial go into 5th no griding or anything goes in fine but when i get back on the gas it makes a werid sound. Not really a grinding, but a whining grind.

also the clutch is screwy. yesterday i was just driving down the road and all of a sudden the pedal only went halfway down and it went in gear but wouldn't move at all. Thanks for any help! I'm so puzzled by this, never seen it in any car.

So recentley my car I've noticed when in 5th gear cruising the shifter moves by itself. (when i get on the throttle it shoots back, let off and it shoots up) now when i put it in 5th gear and let off the throttle it will pop out far enough that its not in gear but not in neatual slot if that makes sense.

And when you intial go into 5th no griding or anything goes in fine but when i get back on the gas it makes a werid sound. Not really a grinding, but a whining grind.

also the clutch is screwy. yesterday i was just driving down the road and all of a sudden the pedal only went halfway down and it went in gear but wouldn't move at all. Thanks for any help! I'm so puzzled by this, never seen it in any car.

The 5th gear pop out / shifter moving has been coverd a bunch. Its a fairly easy fix.

Shifter wiggle/movement while in gear?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/342449-resolved-5th-gear-pops-out.html

Not sure on your clutch, You need to inspect everything first. Seems to me something got in the way of the fork or the pedal. Like a wire harness or hanging connector or something.

Alright thanks. Yeah the clutch puzzles me too. Because I shut it off started it again and it moved a little then started working. Throw out bearing stuck maybe?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back