The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2g ptt twin disk flywheel bolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primo513

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Alright guys, so I bought a ptt twin disk and the stock flywheel bolts are too long. Ive read up and heard people are using the 7 bolt flexplate bolts because they are shorter, but I didnt know what anybody else thought or has had success with. I cant seem to find anything about the bolt length for the ptt flywheel. Sorry if this had been answered but I only saw threads for the 1g setup and i know the 6 bolt threads are longer because the crank has deeper holes. Thanks for the help in advance guys!

Alright guys, I kept researching and found the answer from the ecmlink forums. The ptt twin disk for 7 bolt uses the 6 bolt flex plate bolts so that you dont have to drill out the crank or use a spacer. The part number for anybody who might need this in the future is (MD952233). The bolts are only $2.05/each from extremepsi.com. Hope this helps anybody else out that needs it.

I used evo flywheel bolts on mine when I had it back in the day.

As a simple reference, here are some Mitsubishi OEM bolt lengths and part numbers:

11.7mm long Flywheel Bolts MD752272
15.2mm long Flywheel Bolts MD334117
15.5mm long Flywheel Bolts MD368638
17.0mm long Flywheel Bolts MD952233
19.5mm long Flywheel Bolts 1120A062
21.2mm long Flywheel Bolts MD302074
22.5mm long Flywheel Bolts 2795A956
29.0mm viscous LSD front diff Bolts MD952231

With the PTT stuff, I normally use 17.0mm or 19.5mm flywheel bolts; it depends on the application and a measurement confirmation of the flywheel flange thickness added to the crank flange bolt hole THREAD DEPTH (not the total hole depth as the threads do not go all the way to the bottom of the hole).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back