Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > DSM Tech > Drivetrain Tech
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Drivetrain Tech: 4G63 transmission, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, gears, differentials, transfer case, shifter, etc.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 12:32 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 411
Photos: 11
Classifieds Rating: 1

Launch Control Solenoid!!!

What do you guys think? Anyone use this on a 1g? Magnus Motorsports Blog Archive Launch Control Device |

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:49 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 184
Photos: 1
Classifieds Rating: 4
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fw atch%3Fv%3DXhg1LJB20m4&v=Xhg1LJB20m4&gl=US

This was a vid from 08 so its been a while. It looks very similar to the one Magnus sells. I'm interested in it too but the price is somewhat pushing me away.

Here's a link to an RX-7 forum where they discuss the Tilton flow control valve and the Magnus launch control device.

Who here is running Tilton Flow Control for drag racing? - RX7Club.com

For added discussion I've also attached a thread from Talk below.

Making a Launch aide??? - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

Last edited by awdwhip; 10-08-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping
View photos of this member's car 

Old 02-23-2012, 05:19 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,066
Photos: 20
Classifieds Rating: 6
I know its old but has anyone tried this? Buschur doesnt sell it anymore i guess, but magnus does.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 184
Photos: 1
I don't think anyone has. Im over it though.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,643
Photos: 13
Thought I'd add to this since I just finished my Magnus Launch Control Device install. So after shipping it's a little over $300 then you need to expect around another $200 in fitting and you will have to actually cut and drill your own fittings if you plan on using the stock clutch hardline.

This kit is so far from a plug-n-play it's really not even funny. I ended up taking it all apart and only using the valve and the solenoid. Partly because the way it come is just way to bulky to actually use in a street cars engine bay. I also decided to move the valve inside the car in the arm rest under the cup holder so the car still looks super clean. I should be able to head to the track within the next 2 weeks so I'll update this thread with some videos and thoughts. So far though this really does make a difference so hopefully the track times will reflect it.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:21 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 5,285
Classifieds Rating: 21
Reputation: turboglenn is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening toturboglenn is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening toturboglenn is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening toturboglenn is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening toturboglenn is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening toturboglenn is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening to
Wow 275 bucks and doesn't even fit that's sad.. We use to use something very similar but air powered on our drag bike clutches, and i know from having the idea previousely that i could setup eiter a pneumatic release control or even a controled hydraulic unit like that on much cheaper, but to bne honest i'd ather have the pneumatic that way it isn't interfering with the fluid flow on the clutch system (but i'm a daily driver also) YOu can get hydraulic solenoids and control flow valves for about 75 bucks for the pair of them, then you just need lines and a way you choose to activate it. Hmm..anyway, enough of me , i'd like to hear about the satisfaction level after you're using it a little bit

EDIT: WOW those are the exact same flow control valves and solenoids i can buy locallyt in a pair for the above mentioend 75 bucks they are taking a lot of pride in their manufacture of those littlelines and the few AN fittings with it

Gl

Old 02-13-2014, 06:35 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 2,011
Photos: 18
Reputation: v8s_are_slow is extremely helpful and trustworthyv8s_are_slow is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to v8s_are_slow Send a message via MSN to v8s_are_slow Send a message via Yahoo to v8s_are_slow
I'm just now seeing this thread. Just received mine from Magnus today and wondering how y'all are hooking it up to activate and deactivate it. I'm guessing you just run a power wire to one side and then ground the other wire to turn it on and activate it with a switch. But then how are you guys deactivating it? I'd imagine it'd be a pain to flip the switch on a hard launch when done with 1st gear.

Other than saying which side went to the slave cylinder and which side goes to the master cylinder, there wasn't anything else with it that suggest how to hook it up. And I know zero people that have this, other than you few guys I'm guessing???

Old 02-13-2014, 06:49 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 849
Classified Ads: 1
Classifieds Rating: 15
Use ecmlink switches like nitrous controls to activate it like launch control. Use one of: EGR, BCS, etc.. signal wires. Don't forget the relay.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:07 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
DSMtuners Supporting Vendor

Tech Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLENK View Post
Use ecmlink switches like nitrous controls to activate it like launch control. Use one of: EGR, BCS, etc.. signal wires. Don't forget the relay.
This ^, except it's "deactivate it".

You want it "on" when you release the clutch, then use the link controls to "deactivate" it so that it's not "on" for your down track shifts.

Hal

Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

Reputation: v8s_are_slow is extremely helpful and trustworthyv8s_are_slow is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to v8s_are_slow Send a message via MSN to v8s_are_slow Send a message via Yahoo to v8s_are_slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
This ^, except it's "deactivate it".

You want it "on" when you release the clutch, then use the link controls to "deactivate" it so that it's not "on" for your down track shifts.

Hal
So basically, I just hook up the lines, and then I can run the wiring of the launch control device straight to the FPS wiring. Correct? I wouldn't need to make any changes to the ecu inputs? And would all of these settings be good?

Old 02-17-2014, 07:27 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
DSMtuners Supporting Vendor

Tech Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8s_are_slow View Post
So basically, I just hook up the lines, and then I can run the wiring of the launch control device straight to the FPS wiring.[/IMG][/URL]
Use a relay

Old 02-17-2014, 01:48 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

So I put whatever type relay between the launch control device and the fuel pressure solenoid to keep the voltage down I'm guessing?

Other than that, the settings look okay??? Thanks.