The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1st Trip to the Track HX40 91 Pump Gas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PredatorSniper

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2012
Wichita, Kansas
Didn't know what everyone thought. Stock bottom end 1G, 272's, HX40 .70 a/r, 30psi, went 11.64 @124mph. I am pleased, but my 60' are all over the place. Didn't know if that was good or not. Street tires as well! :hellyeah:

Automatic or manual? Im guessing manual since you said your times are all over the place... seems a little slower than what I would expect. im building an all out 2g with 6 blade hx40 and know I can hit mid 11's easy on w.g. pressure of 22psi but I am automatic instead of manual :hellyeah:

Crank the boost up into the mid/high 30's, and get slicks if you're on street tires. Easy low 10-second car at that point.

Last edited:
30psi seems like a LOT on 91. Even if your compression ratio is like 8.0 to 1. I wouldn't go past 30psi on 91. Just my 2psi.

That's really good for pump 91 and no meth. Very nice MPH. Get ahold of some meth or E85 and give it that nice aggressive tune it wants and you'll trap even more and make more power. Or do nothing but practice, practice, practice at the strip, get some stickier tires and a better suspension(If you don't already have a decent suspension setup) and your ETs will drop. What was your best and worst 60'?

That's really good for pump 91 and no meth. Very nice MPH. Get ahold of some meth or E85 and give it that nice aggressive tune it wants and you'll trap even more and make more power. Or do nothing but practice, practice, practice at the strip, get some stickier tires and a better suspension(If you don't already have a decent suspension setup) and your ETs will drop. What was your best and worst 60'?

Best: 1.70
Worst: 1.97

Was thinking a race gas tune, but that might push the boundries of the stock bottom end. I also noticed that on the 2-Step it only makes 2-3psi before I launch. I have to ride the clutch out some to get a faster 60' time, the faster I let the clutch out it would tend to bogg. 2-Step is at 5750rpm...

Was thinking a race gas tune, but that might push the boundries of the stock bottom end. I also noticed that on the 2-Step it only makes 2-3psi before I launch. I have to ride the clutch out some to get a faster 60' time, the faster I let the clutch out it would tend to bogg. 2-Step is at 5750rpm...

I set antilag to 99% throttle. Hold full throttle till 10ish psi then back down to like 95 and itll hold till you launch.

Pump gas is holding you back, the stock motor is a stout piece, in November I went 10.4@135 first pass on a 56mm hx40 on 93octane and meth @30psi and 20-21degrees of timing (stock motor).

If your tune is good and your motor is in good running condition she'll take anything that Holstein can throw at her.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back