The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

12.6@111 2g fwd t28 boltons

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipnorcali

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2011
Grass valley, California
Finally got 2nd gear to work n got 12.6@111 with a 2.0 60' (which is good for me) pretty basic setup
8 year old t28 720 cc 3" cutout 17" slicks dsmlink.tedspec tune...stock cams/intake mani still
the act 2600 just won't shift into second right anymore I have to do a super granny shift.
Hit the limiter in third at 8k too

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 20140316_122228.jpg
    20140316_122228.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 20140316_070821.jpg
    20140316_070821.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
20 psi.. and I short shifted 1-2 ran and got a lil wheelhop in first (had to feather it a lil) my coilovers (GAB revos) arent to good for drag..4100 was the most I could launch from

Norcal has a nice dsm scene going quite a few 9-10 sec and a few drove to the track

Some random pics

Where da party at?

[ame=http://youtu.be/et97nHzUP2g]Eclipse gst t28 1/4 12.6@111 cmi sacramento 17"s - YouTube[/ame]

Here's the vid in car

The head has a lil clean up work and diff valve springs...i think cams and more boost and get my nlts working i can get a low 12.3-12.4... Next race I'll have another 100lbs out of the rear to with the cf hatch n lexan

weird my car seen quicker. I now want to see my timed
Only one way to tell is take it to the track but without slicks its hard to get 12's..

I would have gone out to meet you guys but I saw Teds car for a second then it was gone so I wasn't sure. You guys were parked towards the rear left?
I was parked somewhat in the middle so I couldn't really see anyone. Congrats on the time man! Hopefully I have Ted tune my car before the next event so I can run too.

I would have gone out to meet you guys but I saw Teds car for a second then it was gone so I wasn't sure. You guys were parked towards the rear left?
I was parked somewhat in the middle so I couldn't really see anyone. Congrats on the time man! Hopefully I have Ted tune my car before the next event so I can run too.

Ya dont by shy we usally park around the 1000' mark come on by next time its the dsm spot..haha

I'm going to try without slicks for now

Without slicks n lower boost I got a 14.4@98 old bfg drags n a lil more boost got me 13.5@105 just get out there n get some seat time

Lol I see ted's car :D.

Congrats on the run dude especially hitting 12's.

Thanks ..yea We had some heavy hitters there this time..

^^ Dude not with a stock head your askin for trouble!! I'm telling you shift around 6300-6500rpm and stay in the power band! Anything over like 6700 and the cams are just floating already and that's not good! No way your going over 8000rpm on stock head without issues, maybe not the first time but who knows!

The head has some work upgraded springs n ret. n a lil port work..shifting into 4th gets a 12.8@109 thats what I do for brackets..but usally for a PB ill leave it in third
ill try lower shift points next race in april

Oh you didn't say that before makes alittle difference, I see it now in your profile LOL! I would still stay in the power band get the best 60' you can and get nlts down! Those 3 things will help lower your e.t. And raise your mph!! :)

^^ Dude not with a stock head your askin for trouble!! I'm telling you shift around 6300-6500rpm and stay in the power band! Anything over like 6700 and the cams are just floating already and that's not good! No way your going over 8000rpm on stock head without issues, maybe not the first time but who knows!

Are you sure you know what you are talking about? Cams don't float, valves do. Stock springs can be taking to 8000rpms no problems even with mild cams like hks 272s. Its been proven time and time again.

Im gonna try a few new things for the next race n see what works 12.4 here I come.haaha

Lower shift points are definitely going to help you out.

How are your idc's? I would throw some corn blend in there if you have it available.

^^ are you sure you know what your talking about LOL?!?!? Sure you can take them to 8k go as high as you want to LOL. If you've had enough seat time you would know and feel the cams power band. There's nothing to gain by taking things to 8k on a stock head and setup. The more change you make to the head, cams, springs the more you can push it. Even with my bc272's I didn't go to 8k I would shift around 7300-7500. All I'm saying is its better for your e.t. And mph to stay in the power band instead of trying to push the rpm's past there efficiency range. But do whatever you want its your valves that are at risk of damage not mine! Lol

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back