The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[email protected] New PB 1G Auto, stock 6 bolt bottom end

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-red97rum-

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 29, 2002
Upland, California
Went to the local street legal event at the California speedway this past weekend. Damn it is nice having a 1/4 mile track again, the CA speedway's dragstrip has been closed for about 2 years.

Anyhow, I was able to run a new personal best on Saturday! Car is on a stock restalled converter (that slips way too much at high rpm), stock 6 bolt bottom end with unknown mileage, T4 S366, boost about 29-30psi, tuned by yours truly with Werewolf ('da woof) speed density system. Nitrous was used to stall the converter and sprayed untill the 60' mark. I was happy with the results! There is way more left in this turbo, I just don't want to push it much further on the stock bottom end. This pass was also made with a pretty significant boost leak due to my nitrous nozzle stripping out of the throttle body elbow on a previous pass.

The previous pass I was planning to spray it the whole way, but the threads I made in my throttle body elbow stripped (didn't use a bung) and the nozzle popped out :ohdamn:. Thank God it didnt' cause a fire! The nozzle popped out just before the 1/8th, that pass was 6.65@106mph and 11.0@94 because I got freaked out and let off the gas. I figure that would have been on the low side of a 10 second pass had I stayed in it with the nitrous. Maybe it was the DSM Gods way of saving my 6 bolt's life? After that, in true DSMer fashion, I shoved the nozzle back in it's hole and secured it with a couple zip ties in order to finish off the day :shhh:

I think my girlfriend got a video, if so, I'll post it up later.

Video:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a4kzyQWtt4[/ame]

Attachments

• 10 second pass!.jpg
    10 second pass!.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Great time !! :hellyeah: Looking fwd to the video

Wet shot or dry? Nice times!!!

Thanks! The jet sizes are between a 50 and 75 shot, so probably around a 65 I'd say.
Congrats bro ! :thumb: Launch was clean too, no drama..just kick ass :hellyeah:
If you dont mind me asking, are you using the nitrous to spool turbo and getting almost 10 psi off the brake boost? and did you have to retard the timing a lot?

Congrats bro ! :thumb: Launch was clean too, no drama..just kick ass :hellyeah:
If you dont mind me asking, are you using the nitrous to spool turbo and getting almost 10 psi off the brake boost? and did you have to retard the timing a lot?

Yes, I'm using the nitrous to spool the turbo, using foot brake and e-brake.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back