The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Took the dsm for a spin Fontana CA

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awdmonster1904

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 23, 2007
Chino, California
- finally got a chance to take the car out for a spin on my quest for a Solid 10 sec pass after the track was closed for 2 years

Tire pressure was at 14 fronts and 12 backs hoosier qtp
At first the car would bog. I decided to enabled anti lag 17psi now I get out of the hole cleaner that's when I got the 11.1@131
But unfurtaunally the track officials told me I had to slow down and that I needed a cage

For all the experienced guys ou there I'm I runing too high of air pressure ?
Got any tips I can try for next track day

Launching at 6k
Anti lag 17-20 psi
Pre load the drivetrain
No burn out I go around the water box
Hoosier QTP 26x9.5 R15
Full weight car minus the A/c

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is a vid of my 11.1
[ame=http://youtu.be/ZtmA1D67XDk]Frank 11.1 @131 mph - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I don't have any tips but pretty impressive for full weight. You can definitely hit 10's though.

Fun times. You can do it man! Your car is freaking fast, 131mph is moving! If you got the 60' down into the low 1.6 range that would have been a 10.8X pass I bet.

Fun times. You can do it man! Your car is freaking fast, 131mph is moving! If you got the 60' down into the low 1.6 range that would have been a 10.8X pass I bet.

Thanks man

Yeah. I'm trying to brainstorm how to get it to 1.5 60ft trying to see if I need to lower the tire pressure or launch at a higher rpm
I know my launch is not up to specs for a 10 sec pass

The video isnt very good. Are you spinning on the launch at all. It kind of sounds like you are bogging. The tire pressure is fine. Turn the 2 step up and have fun breaking stuff hah.

The video isnt very good. Are you spinning on the launch at all. It kind of sounds like you are bogging. The tire pressure is fine. Turn the 2 step up and have fun breaking stuff hah.

It did spin a little bit but it hooks I think it's my one to shift
Do you have a suggestion? Should I raise my RPM for the launch ?

Hard to believe with that mph you're not in 10s already.

Are you missing shifts or catching all the gears? With 4 slicks it just don't seem right. What is the suspension set up?

Turbo?

bring it this Sunday and try again LOL

Last edited:
Ahh sweet! Thats exactally my best run basically. I had a 1.8 60' and street tires but damn good work. I know how good that 11.1 feels! :thumb:
Ive gotta put extended studs on before i can slap on my QTP's what boost level?

In my case i had blown suspension. You might wanna check on that.

Hard to believe with that mph you're not in 10s already.

Are you missing shifts or catching all the gears? With 4 slicks it just don't seem right. What is the suspension set up?

Turbo?

bring it this Sunday and try again LOL
I did ... I'm stuck the the 11.1-11.2 consistent. Yeah with that mph it should be a 10 sec car
The power is there just need to set it up to hook and driver mod
3582r
I did spin A little
My suspension is jic flt2

I might get it realigned and get a rear toe eliminator

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back