The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

**Video** Launching Auto DSM with nitrous comparrison

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1SIC1Gb

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 25, 2012
Houston, Texas
Ive had a lot of people asking me about stalling the auto and how the nitrous does with that so i made a small comparrison video. Let me know if you have any questions read the description it has more details.
This is on an IPT restall converter and a 8 blade HX35

[ame=http://youtu.be/rKZBZe9FN5E]Auto DSM Launch No Nitrous vs Nitrous - YouTube[/ame]

Single fogger? Direct port? Whats the nitrous setup?

Nah it doesn't, just the car spinning and me letting out of it. You can see on the nitrous pull, when I actually shift to 2nd it doesn't. But you will notice that my boost spikes to 36 or so and tapers off in the higher rpm to around 28psi. That's because my little HX35 is at the MAX!

And that kids.... is the power of automagic :rocks:

Nah it doesn't, just the car spinning and me letting out of it. You can see on the nitrous pull, when I actually shift to 2nd it doesn't. But you will notice that my boost spikes to 36 or so and tapers off in the higher rpm to around 28psi. That's because my little HX35 is at the MAX!

Makes sense.

How much timing are you seeing while building boost, and what are your trans temps getting up to? I ask because I don't hear antilag pulling timing or anything, and timing is what is putting torque/stress on the trans while brake boosting. With studder box only right now set to 4k on mine, (no antilag, no nitrous, etc), my trans temps shoot up...quickly.

On a side note, I think it's hilarious that 9-10yrs ago people hungry to do 5spd swaps couldn't give auto transmissions away, and now they are like crack cocaine for everyone. SMH.

I was on this auto ish before this recent craze LOL. First DSM 10yrs go was an auto awd 1G. :hellyeah:

I'll have to pull a log to check the timing. I am not using antilag or studderbox at all. My trans temps were high (no gauge but it would puke fluid out of the dipstick tube in extreme conditions) but now I installed the huge 12x11 trans cooler that IPT sells and it runs much much cooler. The heat is mostly generated when I was sitting waiting to spool and now with the nitrous I don't have to sit long at all to get on the converter.

I'll have to pull a log to check the timing. I am not using antilag or studderbox at all. My trans temps were high (no gauge but it would puke fluid out of the dipstick tube in extreme conditions) but now I installed the huge 12x11 trans cooler that IPT sells and it runs much much cooler. The heat is mostly generated when I was sitting waiting to spool and now with the nitrous I don't have to sit long at all to get on the converter.

Yeah, if you look at a log, I would be much obliged if you posted your timing. Pulling timing is one thing I would like to do on my car while brake boosting so as to give the trans a break. timing ='s torque and the less torque I have while building boost, the better. If i drive the car around for an afternoon then come to a stop and brake boost, I get about 13psi-ish with the studder box at 4000rpm, but the trans temps go from 200ish to 260ish very quickly while I am on it.

Makes sense.

How much timing are you seeing while building boost, and what are your trans temps getting up to? I ask because I don't hear antilag pulling timing or anything, and timing is what is putting torque/stress on the trans while brake boosting. With studder box only right now set to 4k on mine, (no antilag, no nitrous, etc), my trans temps shoot up...quickly.

On a side note, I think it's hilarious that 9-10yrs ago people hungry to do 5spd swaps couldn't give auto transmissions away, and now they are like crack cocaine for everyone. SMH.

I was on this auto ish before this recent craze LOL. First DSM 10yrs go was an auto awd 1G. :hellyeah:
True that man ! People would look down on auto back then and too busy buiding 5 speeds and getting clutches etc. blah blah...Then you would hear horror stories of flywheels shooting out, clutches failing from numerous passes, driveshafts, axles galore, and the list goes on. People got smart and got tired of breaking crap and spending money 3 times on drivetrain and timeslips were not as consistent. I said this to people back in 2003 when i got into this, Been through a lot of auto awds ;)

With dsmlink, there is an antilag function, i sometimes get t use it and it does pull timing. Im looking into other methods to be able to brake boost for the launch, it is very stressful on trans and fluid overheating.

Its great you showing how to launch A/T..esp for A/T newbie like Iam:thumb:

Howmany seconds takes push WOT until she build say 10psi to launch without nitrous??

running Holset HE531 VGT turbo Its basically HX52 compressor and huge ex side.. comp/exhaust wheel 65-98 / 86-77 and HUUGE ex side.. say over 2.a/r in garrett terms..spooling 1Bar/15psi at 4200rpms and 2Bar/30psi at 4600rpms w fully closed VGT with internall actuator 30psi by 5k rpms..
Now Iam using precision industries TC w 5k rpms stall.. but heard people telling its loosing torque up top .. so wanna get stall to say 3500-3800rpms to be able build some boost and be tight up top.. and get some nice trap speeds and high speeds in 3rd gear .. Am I able build boost on ALS and stutter only without Nitrous w 3500-3800rpsm stall??

Thanks
Venca

Could you link us to the fogger kit your using? Id love a simple one like your using!!

Gotta spool my t3 hx40 and sinister speed weighted 8" core 2 (5k stall) as fast as I can because I get tired of my trans temps getting real high after one or two passes then sitting in line, pre staging and spooling the tubro again that I have to park the car with the hood up for 45 mins while at the drag strip to get another couple passes.... (and thats with the 28,000lb GVW 12"x11" ipt trans cooler, but added a 8" fan at the end of the race season that helped enough to keep the temps barely rising while sitting still.. didnt get enough testing with it to say how much it helped for sure but there was def a difference with the 8" slim fan)

MarsaGSX - I have to slowly press the gas to get my auto to spool, I first bring throttle position to -0- on my boost gauge then go to about 2/3w throttle and let the boost slowly build, once I get boost level and rpm I wanna launch at I let off the brakes and then go WOT.... hope that helps, it took me a long time to figure out how to stall it up better

Quick reply ill get back to the rest of the questions in a bit.
Call nitrous outlet here in tx, tell ten you want the kit Cody Vaughn ordered . I had my own bottle but everything else came from them. Really reasonable prices.

As far as more videos, here's last years tx2k13 compilation.
http://youtu.be/n-fDdr7tSDo

Enjoy

Its great you showing how to launch A/T..esp for A/T newbie like Iam:thumb:

Howmany seconds takes push WOT until she build say 10psi to launch without nitrous??

running Holset HE531 VGT turbo Its basically HX52 compressor and huge ex side.. comp/exhaust wheel 65-98 / 86-77 and HUUGE ex side.. say over 2.a/r in garrett terms..spooling 1Bar/15psi at 4200rpms and 2Bar/30psi at 4600rpms w fully closed VGT with internall actuator 30psi by 5k rpms..
Now Iam using precision industries TC w 5k rpms stall.. but heard people telling its loosing torque up top .. so wanna get stall to say 3500-3800rpms to be able build some boost and be tight up top.. and get some nice trap speeds and high speeds in 3rd gear .. Am I able build boost on ALS and stutter only without Nitrous w 3500-3800rpsm stall??

Thanks
Venca

I havent messed with ALS at all, its pretty easy with the nitrous kit and really harmless with only a 50 shot. You would need a bigger hit i would imagine to get over the hump to build full boost. A 50 shot would do for you but it would most likely take 10 seconds or so. But a 100 or 75 shot would be fine. Just experament a little .

This is a dry kit correct?

I may just do the same to stall up because I don't want to change my converter so this should work out with a 54mm turbo.

Last edited:
Using a "dry Kit" -Intermitent like that is going to bite you... A Wet kit is the absolute safest for push button nitrous systems...

Every time you hit your "Dry Kit" Button, your supposed to be introducing more fuel as well at the same time.. via Tuning or a fuel solenoid..

This is a dry kit correct?

I may just do the same to stall up because I don't want to change my converter so this should work out with a 54mm turbo.

Yea thats a bad idea with a dry kit. If you want to use a wet kit like VRP mentioned you can do it this way. I would suggest having it setup through your ECU that way you can control the A/F and timing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back