The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

new pb, 10.64@127 16g street car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spin1r6

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2012
Feeding Hills, Massachusetts
well i made some changes to my set up leading up to the shootout and broke first pass at the shootout. fast forward 2 months and i will finally be retiring my e3 16g over the winter and this was closing weekend at the track so i decided to fix the car and get out there and get a time so all the effort for the shootout wasnt a complete waste. after a little bit of tuning shakedown passes i made half a dozen 10sec passes with a best of [email protected].
i was really surprised with the results as my local track is known to be a slower track and i typically run about .2 quicker in ohio than i do here. my previous best was a [email protected] but i have never gone 10's at my local track before. during some testing on street tires over the summer my best 1/8th and 1/4 mph at my local track was 99 and 122 before the changes. i also tweaked the tune to take some power out of the midrange to help keep me from breaking parts at this track outing.

slip breakdown
60ft 1.480
330 4.385
660 6.783
mph 103.38
1000 8.885
1320 10.649
mph 127.63

this is with standard arp head studs, peak boost at the track is 25psi dropping to 20 however on the street where i see much lower rpms i see a spike in the mid 30's, i essentially see 40+ lbs/min across the entire power curve so as rpms rise boost drops. at this point my setup is very efficient and since boost is actually a measure of resistance as my setup has become more efficient boost drops, flow rate stays the same. this was on full slicks, but i know what i 60 on street tires and im fairly sure i could run a 10.9 on my street tires. i do not run nitrous and i actually was taking it easy on the launches trying not to break another transfer case, i dont want to bench race but im reasonably certain i could get the car to cut a 1.3x 60ft. i did some minor weight reduction for the shootout and havent had the chance to weigh it yeah, i estimate 2950 with me in it. my previous pb was a 10.81 and for that pass the car was 3115 with me in it.

I haven't dynoed it in its current configuration, on a dynojet i would guess the whp to be in the 450-460awhp range. Last year i dynoed 404/398 at the wheels and judging by the hp calculator in link as to what the gains were with the new setup 40-60hp is a reasonable assumption. there are enough hp calculators out there that seem to be fairly accurate so if they say 500whp then i guess it could be but i dont think its quite that high.

So you're saying your 16g is making over 500awhp?

Its not only about peak power but how LONG that power band is. On the MHI turbos you tend to see good spool and while they do die out up to compared to larger turbos they really do get work done before the 1/8. His times are consistent with what I see on my small turbo setup, he is just a bit quicker to the 60, 330, 660, 1000, and 1320.

Stock motor, stock untouched head ports, jmf race intake manifold.

Great combo on parts is the key. I got the best times on my 16g with 264/272 combo and stock intake mani, once I went 272 272 dks and jmf Intske mani I was my times drop and my mph really suffer in the 1/8th. I'm suprised to see the jmf mani working so good for you but I was on a small 16g so prob too little airflow for th3 im

Very curious to see what your car can put down on a Dsm verified dyno. We all know how some are fudged but you should def be in the 460-480 range.

Also what tires?? Bias play I'm assuming also curious what size slicks. again I would assume 24.5 with that high mph

The tires are toyo proxes drag slicks 25x9x15
If I can find the time in the next couple weeks I'm gonna try and dyno it but it's gonna be a mustang dyno so it's going to read lower.

You running an external dump for the o2? That's a real good 60 for some proxies I'm surprised your drivetrain stays together without the flex of bias ply tires

Nice work!! Here I was thrilled to get into the 11s on the 16g! But my 60fts are no where near 1.4. Congrats!! Love seeing these small turbos fly!

The tires are a full drag slick. They don't make the anymore I don't think. I got them a couple years as a buy 1 get 1 free deal so for the price it was hard to pass up and if they didn't work well I wouldn't be out a whole lot of money but they have worked very well for me.

The turbo is internally gated still with a recirc'ed dump.

I have cell phone vids of the run but I don't have it hosted anywhere yet. [ame=http://youtu.be/YOLPsq2bwE8]Fonz vs Chris - YouTube[/ame]
This is a link to a 10.76 pass the same day, my car is the white car

These are the tires since there seems to be some confusion

For weight reduction aside from the normal underhood stuff(abs/ac, etc) I have removed the sound deadening material from inside the car, front and rear bumper supports, rear seats and seat belts, front auto belts are no longer auto so track and motor are gone. Front seats are race seats, rear wiper and washer removed, abs ecu and wiring removed. Seat belt warning indicator wiring removed, rear
defrost wiring removed, aluminum drivehsaft but that is not currently installed as i broke my shep t-case and have a stock case in right now, manual steering rack.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 146
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back