The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[email protected], and then.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eviltsi

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2006
rochester, New_York
.....the end or an era. The stock 7bolt is no more.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yes, that's a piece of the piston they pulled off the track and somehow made it to my hands thanks to Shawna.

Carnage is extensive, holes and bodily fluids everywhere. Very happy it went out with a bang and not something stupid, infact, when it happened i smiled and laughed. :p

9.8162 is the best time
148.44 is the highest trap speed

Track prep sucked yesterday. Did nothing but spun really bad and couldnt get it out of the 1.6's....it could have been better, but that's all she wrote.

Car is still on trailer. This is to be a tare down thread and will be updated as i take it down this week.:dsm::talon::dsm::talon:

<3 I promise to give you a reason to try again!

I promise to save my other stock long block till i need it ;)

thank you for giving me something else to rub in my honda-owning-friends face
he's all "i have the most reliable motor ever" and i'm all like "what other stock 4 cylinder motor can run 9's?"

Thats crazy. How many miles did you put on it with that kind of power? Let me rephrase, how many passes at that power level on a stock bottom end? Incredible no matter what

Its the original motor from the car with just over 100k miles on the clock. Head and oil pan have never been off. it was bought stock and dd'ed for about 7 years with various turbos on it (16g, 50trim, 30r and currently a 35r). Ran it's first 10 in 08 with the 30r and c16. Was then torn down for its current build which was completed for the shootout in 2010. Since then its been making atleast 475whp on our mustang dyno on e85 out of the pump. Has well over 50 passes since the current build. 3rd place in dse in 2010, 1st place in dse in 2011, 2nd place in dse in 2012...along with everything it's done this year. I have to say, it was time and honestly i couldn't be happier.

Hey I understand corey now onto upgrades, I remember it being stock brian at stm filled me in on the engine, well prepare for next year right. Im working on mine for the shootout trip next year.

It was holding 34-35 up top and spiking close to 40. Car weighed 2340 without me in it.

Im waiting for the video camera, the whole tare down will be taped start to finish. Hopefully shawna will be around during for carnage pictures.

But, some pictures and videos are starting to surface....

Welp, its apart...Either a a rod bolt let go or the wrist pin broke off the piston, hard to say. Found a half a bolt in the pan, but was strange it let go at about 6500 in 2nd gear.

original composit head gasket

Spit a couple rockers. Cam took a chunk and a couple bent valves, other than that, the head is somehow fine.

And the only video to surface as of yet, though crappy quality, still shows its demise...time of death...Saturday October 12th, 2013 at 4pm.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=658731887490531

The entire taredown was filmed and will be posted at gleasons earliest convenience in both edited and unedited versions.

Also I have tracked down a good video of the 9.81 pass which will be posted as soon as it's available to me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back