The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink V3 Tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Project2G

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2003
Littleton, Colorado
Hey I'm looking for anyone that knows how to atleast give me a base tune with my ECMlink V3. The fuel trims are incorrect causing the car to die after running. I am located in Littleton near C470 and Broadway. I have cash and beer.

Thanks,
Steve

Mods.

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

SCM6152E Turbo
2G Manifold Flanged for external wastegate
Tial 38MM External Wastegate Dumps Out Bumper
4" Intake
Lucas 1200cc Injectors
APEXi N1 Catback Exhaust
APEXi Down Pipe Cat Delete
Magnecore Competittion 8.5mm Wires
Mild Steel IC Piping
GReddy Type S BOV
Manual Boost Controller
1G N/A Throttle Body
FMIC 31x12x3
Aeromotive AFPR w/ gauge
AEM Fuel Rail
ECMlink V3
Walbro 255LPH Rewired
AEM Uego Wideband
Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attach a log to the next post, I'll take a look at it. Preferably an idle log with the car warmed up to op. temp. just to make sure everything is setup and working correctly.

:dsm:

Here is a 16 second log at idle with the car warmed up.

The file is log.2010.03.27-01.elg

Attachments

• log.2010.03.27-02.elg
    12.1 KB · Views: 373
Steve-

I'm assuming your running 91 piss gas and by looking at your fuel settings for those 1200cc injectors its no wonder why your cars dieing. Go to your ecuconfig and click the fuel tab, under the sliders you'll see global and deadtime settings. Right now you're global is set for 750cc injectors at -40%, you should be running a -62.5% for those 1200's.

The deadtime settings are trial and error and really only effect the cars idle... I'd start with a deadtime of 330 and see what your wideband does as far as AFR's go. You know stoich is 14.64:1 so play with the deadtime a bit and try to get your UEGO to cycle around this AFR at idle.

I'm positive your car was dieing because of your global fuel settings, the motor was getting 22% more fuel than it should have been. That AEM WB must have been displaying PIG rich... add MAFraw to your log and go for a cruise with normal driving, preferably up and down C470 so you get up to 75-80mph.

He is running e85 so the -40 global makes sense.
Steve-

Since you are running E85 and those 1200cc injectors your global should be -44%. I know I'm nickel and diming it because this wouldn't cause your car to die but you might be able to get it to idle better since it won't be so rich.

From looking at your log once again now that we've eliminated the possibility of it being your global fuel settings I noticed your TPSvolts are at 0 during idle. That means your ISC is DEAD and thats why your car dies, at idle your logged TPSvolts should sit right at .65V.

Usually ISC's cost $350.00 but RockAuto.com sells them for $80, go figure. Here's a link to it RockAuto Parts Catalog replacing it will fix your crappy idle/car dieing on ya.

Steve-

Since you are running E85 and those 1200cc injectors your global should be -44%. I know I'm nickel and diming it because this wouldn't cause your car to die but you might be able to get it to idle better since it won't be so rich.

From looking at your log once again now that we've eliminated the possibility of it being your global fuel settings I noticed your TPSvolts are at 0 during idle. That means your ISC is DEAD and thats why your car dies, at idle your logged TPSvolts should sit right at .65V.

Usually ISC's cost $350.00 but RockAuto.com sells them for $80, go figure. Here's a link to it RockAuto Parts Catalog replacing it will fix your crappy idle/car dieing on ya.

my cel just came on for a bad TPS so I will switch that out with another one I have. I will try those settings in a few hours when I get off work. I currently have 91 in the tank. I will be getting e85 when I get tuned.

my cel just came on for a bad TPS so I will switch that out with another one I have. I will try those settings in a few hours when I get off work. I currently have 91 in the tank. I will be getting e85 when I get tuned.

Steve-

The Marine Corps have you up early or what? :D Posting on tuners at 0330...

So when your running 91oct with those 1200cc injectors you need to change your Global fuel settings to -62.5%. When your running straight E85 -44% is what you should have in your Global settings. The Deadtime number you'll have to play with while the cars idling, I'd start at 330 and go from there. Like I said in an earlier post, the Deadtime really only effects the AFR at idle and it won't change from switching between 91 and E85.

Definitly switch out that ISC because its toast and if your on 91 you need to change your Global settings too or you'll be running really rich.

Coming back to Socal anytime soon, MOD's officially July 10, 2010... :cool:

Here is a new log. It drives but still boggs. I'm not sure if I need to go up or down on the dead time.

I took a video on my phone of the wideband gauge at idle but can't get it on my comp but I can email it to you.

I started the dead time at 330 but now it's at 450 since that's the closest I could get the gauge to 14.7 at idle. The global is at 62.5 now. When I drive it's running very rich. The gauges reads in the 16's and if I attemp to go WOT it boggs at goes high off the gauge.

What should I have these set at? This is not mine but a picture off the website.

Attachments

• log.2010.03.29-01.elg
    33 KB · Views: 149
Add MAFraw to your log and go for a cruise with normal driving, preferably up and down C470 so you get up to 75-80mph.

Do the above, I posted it in the first post I made but there was so much info there you might have skipped over it. After you do the log attach it so we can get your MAFcomp settings spot on because right now your MAFcomp settings make no sense unless your running a GM MAF? Even then they look all jacked up...

Here is a new log. It drives but still boggs. I'm not sure if I need to go up or down on the dead time.

I took a video on my phone of the wideband gauge at idle but can't get it on my comp but I can email it to you.

I started the dead time at 330 but now it's at 450 since that's the closest I could get the gauge to 14.7 at idle. The global is at 62.5 now. When I drive it's running very rich. The gauges reads in the 16's and if I attemp to go WOT it boggs at goes high off the gauge.

What should I have these set at? This is not mine but a picture off the website.
That picture is right next to the "How To" so you can get yours setup like you should... haha. This only gets the log in dsmlink to correctly log your throttle position. v3tpsadj [ECMTuning - wiki]

Dont do the adjust with the engine on, just turn the key to the "ON" position and connect in dsmlink and start a datalog. While your logging ThrotPos it should show "0" and when you floor it it should show "100" in the datalog next to ThrotPos. By looking at the datalog you just attached it looks like when your completely off the throttle link is still logging 2% but WOT is 100%, that means your TPS adjust should be -4 on the offset and leave the scale at 105.

My MAFcom settings were 42.2 because the injector size keeps changing from 1200cc to 779cc. Does that mean I'm only using 779cc out of the 1200cc injectors? The car runs better with the MAFcomp at 42.2 rather then the 62.5.

So right now my global is 42.2% and the dead time is 345.
I don't know how to add the MAFcomp to my log.

New log at idle. Here

Attachments

• idle.log.2010.03.29-01.elg
    32 KB · Views: 126
16's for AFR's is lean.

It will be rich since you didn't adjust any of the fuel settings and the stock tune is rich (9.6:1 at WOT).

I see you're on the stock MAF. Are the MAF Comp adjustments from the wizard, or did you adjust them by hand? With them that low, and the 35.2 offset, something seems weird there.

In the Misc tab, you should have "Use non-95/96 cam angle sensor" checked.

For the TPS DTC code, you can post up a log with the car off but the key in the ON position. Then log RawThrotPos and ThrotPos at closed, WOT, and some in between. Then check those two values and make sure they're correct. If you're unsure, post up the log.

I see you're on the stock MAF. Are the MAF Comp adjustments from the wizard, or did you adjust them by hand? With them that low, and the 35.2 offset, something seems weird there.

They changed automatically so I'm guessing the wizard.

In the Misc tab, you should have "Use non-95/96 cam angle sensor" checked.

It was not checked before so I just checked it.

My MAFcom settings were 42.2 because the injector size keeps changing from 1200cc to 779cc. Does that mean I'm only using 779cc out of the 1200cc injectors? The car runs better with the MAFcomp at 42.2 rather then the 62.5.

So right now my global is 42.2% and the dead time is 345.
I don't know how to add the MAFcomp to my log.

New log at idle. Here
MAFcomp settings were 42.2 because the injector size keeps changing, why does your injector size keep changing? Your MAFcomp has nothing to do with injector size, the only thing you change when going from 91 oct to E85 is your Global fuel percentage which we covered earlier...

91 octane: 62.5%
E85: 44%

The MAFcomp settings couldn't have been from the wizard since you aren't logging MAFraw or ClosedLoop. You need to zero out all your MAFcomp sliders and do a drive while logging MAFraw so you can adjust your MAFcomp sliders to where they need to be...

Your not adding MAFcomp to your log, MAFcomp is a tab in your settings folder. You need to add MAFraw and ClosedLoop to your log... To do so click (F10) and add those two values then (F9) to display them in your log. Once the engine is up to operating temp start a datalog. Let it idle for a minute while its logging and then go for a drive for about 10 minutes. Don't go WOT crazy, just normal DD'ing to get a good log so you can accurately adjust your MAFcomp sliders...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back