The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2.3 stroker start failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardcore1

Proven Member
Aug 16, 2013
Arvada, Colorado
Ok so I have a brand new rebuilt motor that has a 2.3 stroker kit I have a rebuilt head with 280 cams new valves spring everything. The car also has a hx35 with 850cc injectors a 450 fuel pump fpr pretty much everything my builder just gave it back to me and it does not start I cranks and acts like it wants to but it doesn't seem to reach full ignition. I have v3 lite as well and all my setting seem correct but I have no way to tell because it won't start. Has anyone here had a similar issue? If so how did you solve it?

Ok so I have a brand new rebuilt motor that has a 2.3 stroker kit I have a rebuilt head with 280 cams new valves spring everything. The car also has a hx35 with 850cc injectors a 450 fuel pump fpr pretty much everything my builder just gave it back to me and it does not start I cranks and acts like it wants to but it doesn't seem to reach full ignition. I have v3 lite as well and all my setting seem correct but I have no way to tell because it won't start. Has anyone here had a similar issue? If so how did you solve it?

Why did your builder not fire it up for you? How did they validate their work?

How long has the battery been sitting? Good chance if it's not swinging fast enough you need to charge the battery or jump start it. What are the current symptoms of your no start?

Can you turn the crank by hand? Compression test? Could be anything if the builder messed up with something. If there is heavy resistance, something might be wrong.

Have you checked for spark on all cylinders? Also see if you can borrow a injector tester, or build your own it's just a small light with two probs to test the signal. Do you have the original cam crank sensor setup? I can't say that a compression test will do any good with cams that big the overlap will look like leakage. In other words you may have low compression on a perfect motor. Plus you have not even got to run the car a seat the new rings so depending on how loose the motor was assembled (to insure ring ends don't butt on high boost or nitrous) you would have had low numbers to begin with before throwing those cams on.
You best bet is check the links that where posted. Do all basic tests for no start and don't overlook anything. Just because the motor was just rebuilt doesn't mean a thing. Fact is it didn't seize up so it should start. Even cars with bent valves will start even if they miss horribly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back