The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Are these Manley Valve Springs?? Pics inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTsi_PR

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 19, 2011
San Lorenzo, Puerto_Rico
I bought this set of Manley Valve springs for a DSM on ebay and they came without an original box or packaging and i need to know if they are really Manley valve springs and not some fake sh!t.Help me please because im FURIOUS with the ebay seller.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yes for sure Manleys. I see a new set everyday LOL.

Thank you guys!!!! thats a relief but the guy on ebay is gonna have his first negative feedback thanks for bad advertisement.

So seller advertises Manley springs. You doubt seller. Dsmtuners confirms Manley springs. Seller still gets negative feedback.
Yup sounds like buyers are being douches and taking advantage of ebay not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback.

So seller advertises Manley springs. You doubt seller. Dsmtuners confirms Manley springs. Seller still gets negative feedback.
Yup sounds like buyers are being douches and taking advantage of ebay not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback.

You're absolutely correct Virgin Mary,If i bought something thats advertised as Brand New,NEVER OPENED and when you receive the item in a small flat rate box wih the springs tossed in the box you're gonna leave positive feedback?? Pardon my french but FVCK no!

well i can't really tell you if they are Manleys or not. We do alot of engines at work and a lot of valve springs look exactly the same way, and got the same stripes. I personaly would give them back and ask for my money back, and buy from a trusted website. Why take that risk? That is just my opinion ofcourse.

But if all the other guys said its Manley, i guess you can trust them, they must know. :)

well i can't really tell you if they are Manleys or not. We do alot of engines at work and a lot of valve springs look exactly the same way, and got the same stripes. I personaly would give them back and ask for my money back, and buy from a trusted website. Why take that risk? That is just my opinion ofcourse.

But if all the other guys said its Manley, i guess you can trust them, they must know. :)

Like i said,they were advertised as New never opened manley valve springs.I'll consult with my pillow what to do.Thanks my friend!

Manley's have a purplish tint to them with the yellow paint marker stripe. I haven't used many other single spring set ups but I would without a doubt say those are Manleys. I can give you the specs tomorrow. When I get my stock in they come in a Manley box that is plenty easy enough to ship them in.

I think we sell them for around 100 bucks. I don't deal with the sales part of it anymore. I mostly work on customer cars and build stuff LOL..

I'd like to address a few errors with your post.
1-my name isn't Mary
2-if you have a problem with how the seller packaged the item, then ask him what the FVCK happened
And 3- I don't speak French. I speak Russian.

If you don't mind can you link to the auction, because I'm curious as to how the seller described it.

I'd like to address a few errors with your post.
1-my name isn't Mary
2-if you have a problem with how the seller packaged the item, then ask him what the FVCK happened
And 3- I don't speak French. I speak Russian.

If you don't mind can you link to the auction, because I'm curious as to how the seller described it.

I dont care if you speak 100 languages,I'm sorry if i did sound rude but i put this post to get help about the identification problem with the springs, NOT to be lectured about ebay transactions.

I'm not offended. I just see this from a sellers perspective. In the past year I've been scammed for $500 by buyers lying through their teeth, so I apologize for assuming that in your case.

The seller also may buy "Rebuilder Boxes" of springs. The rebuilders boxes are normaly 100 spring boxes.

So they do not come in the retail boxes that you are acustom to seing.

Looking at the tops of the springs, I do not see any wear marks from them being installed and run.

Where the sping sits on the spring locator and the retainer sits on the spring they will discolor a bit.

In this thread post #19 mentions Manley springs, but I have not confirmed if that is the factory spec.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/341209-4g63t-valve-spring-info.html

Maybe SIM can post the spring sheet?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/341287-how-test-valve-springs.html

I'm not offended. I just see this from a sellers perspective. In the past year I've been scammed for $500 by buyers lying through their teeth, so I apologize for assuming that in your case.

Thanks ;)

So what did you decide to do?

Still neg feedback him?

Same thing happened to me when I ordered some BC springs.
I received a flat rate U.S. postage box with sixteen springs wrapped in brown paper. I also received a sales receipt printed with a BC header and logo...I was still a little bummed that I didn't get the manufacturers packaging, but at the price I paid, that's what you get, and it's one of the reasons they are cheaper than a vendor. I think it was like Bogus just said, large lots of springs being bought and then resold by the ebayer....
OP, I think it is a little inappropriate to leave negative feedback. I'm assuming that the reason you went with an ebay vendor instead of one of the recognized dsm vendors was because of the price difference...? If buying in large lots and selling the way they did is how a vendor is able to offer those parts for those prices....that's the cost of saving a few bucks. To me, peace of mind is sometimes worth leaving those super-bargains on the table, and using a recognized vendor.
If he refuses to refund your money, if you decide for your own piece of mind you wish to receive one... that's one thing...but so far you have not posted anything that suggests false advertising, nor has anyone here stated that it appears that is the case. It does indeed look like you received what you paid for, and since you aren't going to install a cardboard box in your cylinder head...

But this is coming from someone who has sold on ebay before and dealt with unsatisfied customers.

Last edited:
I don't know if u guys know this or not but there are only a few company's that make valve springs and a lot of reboxers

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Really? Then why do they advertise spring rates, and installed height, and why are those advertised spring rates and installed heights different between each manufacturer?

You might be right for OEM and OEM replacement springs.

No he is right, there is only about 3 or 4 companies that make springs ( Think Kiggley makes them?) But you can call one of the companies and give them the specs you want and they will make them if you buy enough of them.

So does that mean that Kiggly's beehives are the same as GSC's, as FP's, etc...and pricing is all just something to make us feel special for spending $400 instead of $300? Kiggly's are pretty much acknowledged as being the cats meow for high lift/aggressive ramp cams....So is that all just B.S., and they are no better than other cheaper beehives, or by the same manufacturer as FP or GSC, but with different manufactured specs? Strange that Kiggly could justify that extra $150 for their beehives simply because their requested specs are different than say, GSC...?

Sorry Bogus,
Now I'm more confused... I might not be reading those right, but to me the ferrea's and Kiggly's seem to be two different beehive springs, with two different seat pressures and two different spring rates....are you saying that Ferrea and Kiggly beehives are both manufactured by the same entity, and the fact that Kiggly buys smaller lots accounts for their higher price? What then accounts for the differences in performance? Is that just the differences in preferred specs that Ferrea wanted vs what Kiggly wanted?
Marketing antics...sheesh.

So what did you decide to do?

Still neg feedback him?

Nah im gonna leave a positive feedback,I did sent him a message to let him know that i was not completely satisfied but hell i got them for $88 shipped.I did calm down last night after you guys confirm me that they we're Manley's.now i need the Ti-Retainers to go with them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back