The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Head picture

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Achelea

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 3, 2008
Centralia, Illinois
Okay, can anyone tell me if this head is good or not, I just put it in the car and found this in Cylinder 1. No other cylinders have it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is this head junk? I need to know asap cause I am trying to pack for a move and time and space is at a premium.

Here's more pictures

Last edited:
That looks like some pretty bad detonation. I would scrap it. Start with a fresh one. You'll have more peace of mind if you do.

I dunno, Looks like a spark plug broke off and bounced around, or some one strong armed the head off using a pry bar. Either way, the head on my car is on it's way out and I thought I could use this one. Can't exactly afford to keep buying heads. this is #3. Wonder if my friend and i did it when we used a prybar to lift the head. :mad:

If every thing works, i would just place a little wield to that area and smooth it.

That looked like a small dimple(cause unknown), just needs a touch up. Matter of fact people weld their heads all the time to increase strength and cooling properties.

Just look at this pic....

http://www.racedevelopments.co.uk/images/itr build/29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Being an aluminum head, my worry is they can't get it up to temp enough to fill it in. If it's not done right, it could break off and bounce around inside.

Yeah, the motor it came off of jumped timing.

I'm going for new valves, springs, everything. Somewhere along the line the rockers went Awol as well. :/ Everything short of the cam shafts it seems

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back